We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlay

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Outlay

Paying out.

Some approximate charges for shacks if anyone is interested.

Tourist tax 30, 000

Application 9, 000

Security deposite 25, 000

Beds 10, 000

Panch fee 2, 400

Commercial tax 10, 000

Booze tax 12, 000/15, 000

Camera 35, 000?

Plus electricity and water.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlay

Missed off Central government tax 3.090

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlay

That's not bad compared to what they'd have to pay in UK for a beach front pitch. I make it about £1800.

3. Re: Outlay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 20:05
4. Re: Outlay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 20:05
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outlay

so all the shacks are having a cc/tv then ,, trave,,,,and what about the no foreigners working in the shacks anything new on that,,

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outlay

And Back-Hander Tax GoatRaveller, is that still mandatory? :-). Probably rounds it up to an even £2000.oo

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outlay

yes yorki,,but 4 pound a day,, hard labour,on a building site,,in goa,,2 pound,ish out of state,,the rupee thing a bit diff than the uk,cash,,u can earn here,,

Edited: 19 November 2013, 11:15
UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outlay

Bazz I know nothing about foreigners working in shacks. I am only familiar with the 8 maybe shacks close to where I am so never come across any. Sorry.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outlay

I am not allowed to so much as carry a plate into the kitchen. Going back 9 years when the family opened up the shack and I was living with them and it also has an English name, someone did his best to say i was working on a tourist visa. Goans are very jealous people and this one had 2 shacks and a restaurant which as you all know is forbidden!!!

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outlay

well have the 8 shacks got the cctv then,,,,and a lot of the shack owners i have known for 18,,years,,had some rooms ,built ,to rent out,,,that was before ,there was not as meany shacks as now,,on the beach,,,

Edited: 19 November 2013, 13:32