We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa - help (browser) issues

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Visa - help (browser) issues

I've only just gone onto the link - clicked the two 'i agrees' and it says there are security issues and won't let me go any further. Any suggestions how to proceed. Tried both with Google chrome and Firefox. I thought I was all organised for this - obviously not!!

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

I think I might need to turn off 'pop up blockers' but have clue how to - help please

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

This happened to me, but it did allow me to go further as long as I agreed that it might be an untrusted link and it was my fault if I clicked on it and something went wrong.

I also had the same issue when I had texts from VFS/Indian High Commission to tell me that my visas were ready for collection. AVG picked them up as a potential security threat.

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Thanks LGG, Google Chrome doesn't give me that option but firefox does so I'll give it a whirl.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Jaybird I used IE to do my visa, found Google chrome didn't work for me on my Laptop, I know a lot of people say Chrome but some computers are different, try just Google and see how you go !

To turn off and on Pop ups go up to 'Tools' at the top of your browser, open up and it will be right at the top ! if you turn off don't forget to turn back on again :) I forgot to turn mine on and got a load of toot coming through ! :(

Edited: 19 November 2013, 10:40
Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Thanks janice, that's useful

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Your welcome ,glad to help, any more questions you have Jaybird just feel free to ask away ! :)

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Finally managed to get visa apps done for me and my friend, paid for, printed out, incl payments receipt and other accompanying forms. Went to do the photos on Id photo for you whidh we used last time, got them sized and guess what....my bl....dy printer has packed up. Why is nothing ever simple?

Thanks both for your help though!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Glad you got all your visa forms and docs finished, relief at that !

Owh no, what a pain in the rear, you cant odds it can you, these things are meant to try us for sure, ! lets hope its just something simple !

Good luck :)

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Thanks Janice, poked about a bit, turned it upside down and shook it and it appears to be working now. At least I've got photos.

Just got to sign, post and say Neds prayer.

Also a big thankyou to meerkat for her visa guide, although this is my 6th application i couldn't havemanaged without it.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa - help (browser) issues

Jaybird’s got his printer working

And now he’s saying Neds Prayer

Soon he’ll have his visa back

And won’t feel the need to swear

For soon he’ll be in Goa

Lounging on that beach