We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian visa

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
Indian visa

Hello. I have decided to go to the application centre myself As I am getting scared that I haven't got enough time to post it but can anyone advise on the following

I have done the application online and scanned in my own picture as requested. However I have got this picture printed but am not too sure it's adequate.

I have since been and got the Indian passport pictures done in a booth.

Does the two loose pictures have to match the downloaded picture? Or am I best starting the whole thing again and leaving the downloaded picture bit blank?

Am so worried that I'm not going to walk away from Manchester office with a visa. Will they guide me there?

The whole process is so daunting ..

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian visa

Its not that bad Claire. You know you will not "walk away" with a visa the same day dont you? You will have to go back for it. I cant help about the pictures, I have never uploaded any but I am sure Badgerlad will be able to help.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian visa

Firstly, ignore the photo download. I would start a fresh application and you glue one photo in the box (top right) and clip the other to the form.

Secondly, you won't come away with your visa from the Manchester office. They don't process them there. If you're visiting there I would advise you to make an appointment (it doesn't matter if you can't as you will still be seen). Some friends of mine took their applications there last monday (11th) and got them back today.

You might be better posting them to Hayes, they seem to be slightly quicker with postal applications.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian visa

Great thanks. I am under the impression that I just need my card to pay. My application form. Two photos and original passport and signed declaration. Is that correct in person ?

I'm uk national.

I can't post my passport until 25th November and we go on Dec 21st. Email from embassy said a minimum of 10-15 working days excluding despatch times. Too scared to post incase it's not back on time. Made appointment for 29th November.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 14:10
Egremont, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian visa

at moment its 6 day turn around, from point of posting to day of getting the passport back!!! i know what you mean about getting worried etc, but postage i think is easier!

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian visa

If you post on 25th November you'll have plenty of time Claire. They are only taking a week to come back. The only advantage you have by taking to Manchester inperson is that they will check them for you before they send off. Time wise it takes about the same.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian visa

At the Mcr office they check all your documents etc and send them off for processing. Your passports are returned to you via courier service.

7. Re: Indian visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:18