We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Just back from a fantastic 2 weeks. Still in Goa time and waking each morning at 4am so bear with me if I ramble!

Flight with Monarch was fine, more room and more attentive, airport seemed more with it too. Saw the new terminal which is due to open for a weeks trial beginning of December, looks impressive but not quite ready!

The first couple of days it was really busy with Diwali celebrations still going on. The roads were hectic. We thought Ingos was open the first night because the Arpora road was grid locked.

Some of the roads are in a terrible state, but saw quite a lot of work (patching) being done

It was lovely seeing everything starting to wake up to the new season and we saw changes every day.

The first couple of days we went to Anjuna and little Vagator. There were very few shacks open but a lovely atmosphere. Theres 3 large new beach hut complexes being built down the cliff side at Vagator. they look very impressive but wonder if they'l change the chilled ambiance?

We went to Baga beach the next day. Shacks were still being built. A Shack owner asked if we wanted a bed, but said he had to charge Rs 200 each person because he couldn't serve food yet so had to make his money some how! Lol ! Made perfect sense to him and the 2 European men sat with a bottle of water soaking up the peace and quiet!

Exchange rate rose as we were there from 97 to 100.5. Hope it continues into the season

I thought there would be prise increases because of this but didn't notice any - although some shacks and bars said they were doing new menus so maybe later tbc

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for report. Sounds like you enjoyed the early season peace and quiet.

north wales
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

thankyou

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the Report, glad you had a great time....

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Great to see the trip reports are starting up again. Wets the old appetite for February

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for your report and glad you had a fantastic time, I'm looking forward to reading part 2.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,758 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for taking the time to report back :-)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

You made me think to write my own trip review that I done in February this year. Although I traveled only Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. I'll definitely plan my next trip to Goa and some other places of India.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

they built one new one last year and it was a nice job too , and started laying footings for the others in L.Vag. ill be interested to see how they look . cheers for report

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

They do look good. Ones huts on stilts. the other two apartment style. all look upmarket . Two look as though they they may be open this season,

10. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:17