We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e cigs

Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
e cigs

Is it permitted to smoke e cigs in the terminals and lounges at Manchester airport or do you have to go to the allocated smoking area also are they allowed on Thomson flights

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: e cigs

Dont know about Manchester but have seen people using them in Gatwick. Someone used one on our Thomas Cook flight in January and was asked to stop by the stewardess. By contrast, I recently went to Poland with Ryanair and they were selling them on the plane.

Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: e cigs

Thanks for your help will just have to go with the flow and wear my patches for the flight

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,932 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: e cigs

Electronic cigarettes are not permitted to be used on Thomson aircraft. I have seen people using e-cigs at Manchester but discreetly, I wouldn't personally just incase one gets a "jobsworth" which could causes some hassle. There are smoking cages at both T1 & T2 in Manchester Airport.

Angie.

4. Re: e cigs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:16