We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go to

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go to

Hi,

We are 2 adult males in early 40's. Want to go to Goa to relax by the beachside and have some drinks in the evening. We do not have a lot of budget to splurge in hotels and expensive restaurants but want some fun at the same time. We were thinking of Calungate but wondering what beachside would be best to be at? We have 5 nights there in Goa.

If someone could suggest some hotels around 2,000RS and below, it would be great.

We also managed to book tickets on Mangalore Express and Konkan but are only on Waitlist. for the AC2. So we went ahead and confirmed Sleeper seats. Hope they are ok. Will cancel Sleeper if we can manage to get confirmed seats for both ways on AC2. We are going to Goa second week of January.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go to

I 'd recommend that you look at Candolim rather than Calangute. I've found the beach at the later to be very crowded and smells of watersport fuel fumes.

I go to Cavalossim in the south and stay at "Jose Holidy Homes" . There you can get a basic room (no A/C) for around 1200 rps per night.

Lovely beach there and plenty of restraunts and good beach shacks.

BOB....

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,502 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go to

I agree with Bob, Candolim is better or in Calangute out towards Candolim away from Calangute center. I dont like the beach at Calangute or Baga, the further out towards Candolim you go, the better it gets. Restaurants are very cheap to us but I dont know the prices in Singapore, imagine they would be pretty good there also.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go to

You have a big shock when you arrive in Goa, as it will be very dirty to what you are used to, we had the good fortune to stay in Singapore and i have never stayed in any country that is as clean, we had a great time there, just go with an open mind and you will have a great time, food is cheaper in Goa than in Singapore.:-)) Gell

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go to

Thank you very much Bob, Dragonfli and Londongel, Seem like very good idea to skip Calangute and head off to Candolim instead. I have actually been to Goa I think around 1996 but don't remember much at all!. We are really looking forward to this trip. I have looked through Agoda and most of the recommended hotels do not have any rates at all or no rooms available. I am sure they are all not booked? Maybe the hotels prefer to get their room reservations on their own. A bit weird.

Also for some of you experts out there. How come train tickets are already on waitlist as soon as they are released on IRCTC or Cleartrip? Thanks a lot you guys.

5. Re: Where to go to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 14:44
Edited: 03 December 2013, 14:44
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go to

Hi guys. i have booked Sonikas Heritage apartment at Candolim. Has anyone stayed here before? Just wondering if the rooms are private enough and not too much control by the landlords the way some guesthouses are from what I have been reading. Too many rules set out by the owners. Not that it is a bad thing. Just prefer privacy and not be looked on at all the time.

Or if anyone could recommend something not too expensive (abt 2000RS) near beach, comfortable and with A/C if possible. I have not paid for my booking as yet and can be cancelled.

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go to

IARVINDS

Try this website

www.yatra.com/fresco/?redirect=no&origin=UK

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go to

Fantastic apartments owners are lovely in a great spot for everything enjoy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go to

Hi Everyone. Thank you for your replies. We managed to get the train tickets confirmed by Cleartrip for AC2 on Konkan Kanya train from CST to Madgaon. We found out that its better to get down at Thivim which is closer to Candolim? Is that possible?

Also the train iticket does say that its confirmed for me and my friend. But there are no seat or coach numbers on it at all. Do we need to find that out at the train station? If someone could let us know where at CST, Mumbai that we can see where our seats are?

Thanks for any help. WIshing you all a good day.

10. Re: Where to go to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 06:19