We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

Just been looking at Xmas 2014 online. There are a couple of packages around with thomas cook and thomson. 2 weeks at the likes of Osborne, Lambana, Marinha Dourada , all around £2400 - £2500 ish. That is for 2 people from Manchester.

Now I am unsure whether to wait until the Qatar flights or Etihad flights (via Mumbai)are on sale . This I would think means I will have to wait until the end of January.

The advantage being I will most probably get away for 16 nights if I travel scheduled.

Not sure if I will pay more doing it that way though? Although we will only stay on lower cost accommodation so that won't cost a fortune.

That is what I am trying to work out.

I cannot travel realistically any earlier than 18 December ..

Would you wait or book a package ?

Thanks in advance.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

Shirley-The Cosmos/Monarch and Jewel in the Crown packages haven't come out for next season yet. We're waiting for those so we have all the options before booking anything.

Edited: 11 December 2013, 09:57
manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

That's true Triumphned , I looked for those yesterday. Also olympic aren't out. I will keep looking. Are you already looking for next Xmas then ?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

I will suggest that you can contact some local Indian Travel agent like www.holidayindiatravel.com or www.unitedindiatravels.com or www.indiatravelrajasthan.com they can help you in organizing your tour and also provide you tour at a cheaper price.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

With the exception of this year (boo!) we normally travel at Christmas/New Year. Have generally paid around £600 each for flights with British Airways from Newcastle to Goa via Mumbai. Where we have usually struggled is in finding accomodation to suit us for a decent price at that time. If you're prepared to try guesthouses and don't mind spending the time emailing different places it can be done - last year we paid 800rs a night in a guest house in Candolim including breakfast (and that was for 2 of us, not each!). We've always managed to get well under the price of package deals and for slightly longer than than standard 2 weeks. I know that some good last minute deals can be had on packages but I've never been patient enough to hold on for those!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

With the exception of this year (boo!) we normally travel at Christmas/New Year. Have generally paid around £600 each for flights with British Airways from Newcastle to Goa via Mumbai. Where we have usually struggled is in finding accomodation to suit us for a decent price at that time. If you're prepared to try guesthouses and don't mind spending the time emailing different places it can be done - last year we paid 800rs a night in a guest house in Candolim including breakfast (and that was for 2 of us, not each!). We've always managed to get well under the price of package deals and for slightly longer than than standard 2 weeks. I know that some good last minute deals can be had on packages but I've never been patient enough to hold on for those!

rastrick
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

dont book yet,thomascook have had packages on over the christmas period this year for less than £400

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

Totally agree, i would wait ....

Cleobury Mortimer...
Level Contributor
425 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

Yes I would wait, Qatar are not that expensive if you book when they release there flights, There are many airlines to choose from would be worth waiting . Good luck when you do book.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

It's the old dilemma. If you know exactly which hotel you want to stay at, and want to go when demand is highest ie New Year, then you are better off booking early. If you don't mind where you stay, wait for the bargains, but don't be surprised if you end up where no one else wanted to go.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xmas 2014 should I book now or wait ?

Thanks all, I definitely won't wait too long . I am hoping to be booked by mid February ish. I am not too bothered about where I stay as we just use accommodation as a base and go out on the scooter every day. I am going to keep my eye on Qatar and possibly BA ...cls what dates Xmas / new year do you normally travel please ?