We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much per day

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Topic
How much per day

Hi All

Going down south this year and trying to be on a budget Would like some feedback on how much per day is a reasonable amount. There's two of us, going B&B to the Allila, we intend to eat out every night and most lunchtimes, like a drink at night (lots!) but not in the day. Two questions really, what's a reasonable budget and is it best to take TC's or cash and wheres the nearest place to change money

Cheers

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much per day

Cash all the way - plenty of places will change for you plus there are plenty of ATM's now - just inform you bank that you will be using it in India if it is your 1st time. I would work on around £20 each a day for food and drink - especially if you like lots!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much per day

TCs only lose about 1 rupee to the pound when exchanged so you won't lose much if you take them saying that I always take cash .

And I'd say £20/25 a day per person plus a bit extra for trips and sundries.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much per day

I think people change money in Majorda which is come out of the hotel turn left and about 15 mins walk. You can even catch the bus down for about 10 rupees.

Lots of Atms and closest up in Betalbatim.

Fishka is great and just outside the hotel fof food and drink and relax with the wifi.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much per day

Thanks for the advice

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much per day

you got a great advice up there...

enjoy your trip...

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much per day

We spent under £350 each in February this year which works out about £25 a day per person, that was for everything, not just food and drink. However we only went on one trip this year, the boat trip which cost around £10 each. I did buy quite a few bits and pieces to bring back - whereas OH always spends the same but spends more on beer!

You've said you like to drink 'lots' so I guess it means what 'lots' means. Our food bill varied quite a bit depending on what we ate and where we went. OH drinks beer all the time whereas I am partial to a cocktail or two so if we go somewhere and have a curry plus a couple of beers and breezers we spend a lot less than when we go somewhere else and have a steak plus a couple of cocktails for me. Our cheapest evening meal for both of us including drinks was 960 and our dearest 1610. We don't spend a lot at lunch time as I only drink water though OH usually has a couple of beers. I usually take around £500 but always bring some back, it's best to take a bit extra to be on the safe side.

north wales
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much per day

I would say £25 - £30 per day would be plenty to have good meals and a good few drinks

8. Re: How much per day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 10:35
Cleobury Mortimer...
Level Contributor
426 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much per day

We spend on average £25 a day that's with lots to drink.Bargain.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much per day

Last march did £800 but £150 was on prescription meds so £23 a day did us but the OH eats small and drinks small