We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch airlines

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch airlines

Has anyone flown with monarch this season never flew with them before but keep hearing bad reports

Wrexham, Wales...
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch airlines

I feel the same as you Brianmiller543 as we are flying with them for the first time. As long as we get there though that's the main thing and if it really is that bad we won't use them again!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch airlines

One thing to remember is, the Monarch flight is a charter flight, with this you get basic service. As long as you get there safely and on time (or as near as) then there's no need to worry.

The aircraft Monarch use is an A330 Airbus, this is a modern aircraft with sufficient room for this length of flight(unless you're larger than average that is)

A lot of past complaints about Monarch was when the used the old A300 type aircraft, on these there wasn't very much room and it also had to stop for refuelling which added extra time on the journey.

Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch airlines

Im flying with monarch also. Ive flown with them before to Turkey and have had no problems but never been long haul. Only thing is no tvs so take your own entertainment. We get food and drink included I think so it should be okay.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch airlines

Flown with Monarch to Goa several times and apart from the year they changed the aircraft and we had to touch down to refuel I haven't got any complaints. They do have TVs but they are the larger drop down ones, not individual seat back TVs.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch airlines

Brian, Don't pay attention to all the reports.

Its a charter flight designed to get you there as quick as possible. Its a means to an end....

You don't get as much leg room as the others and there is no back of seat tv......Apart from that its the same as

T/C and Thomson ( not dreamliner ).....

Don't worry and will see you at the Hotel.... : )

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch airlines

Thanks everyone for the replies was worried about the stop off in Kuwait but mind at ease get the beers ready glyn meet you by the pool lol

Somerset England
Level Contributor
398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch airlines

Its a means to an end.

Sit down go into coma mode. Get off enjoy goa

Repeat above when leaving

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch airlines

Yes agree with the above we went with them in Nov & no issues but had the same feelings before we went after reading other posts. No issues & quite a nice flight including flight times out of Gatwick! Take your own entertainment as that's not the best but for the cost I would use them again :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch airlines

The flight sounds ok I'll make my own entertainment soon be there thanks everyone

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch airlines

When do you land Brian, i'll put the beers on ice... lol