We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back - Mini trip Report

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Just back - Mini trip Report

Hello all,

I’m just back from a 3 week stay in Candolim (29th Nov – 21st Dec) and thought I would share some of my experiences whilst there with regards to the accommodation, shacks etc. that I used.

Accommodation:-

Seabreeze Resort - Beach Road Candolim. (29th Nov – 14th Dec)

It is in a great location at the top of Beach Road in Candolim. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room I had was spacious and contained a King Size bed and a single – the beds were comfy but the bedding needs to be renewed and I had to have my sheets changed as they had stains on them. The Bathroom was average and functional for Goa. The room also had a fan and air con. The place is in need of an update and is grubby in places and the cleaning needs to be improved. The breakfast which is disgusting is the same everyday with some form of spiced potato, griddled bread and warm melon all washed down with strong tea or coffee. There are also flee infested dogs in the breakfast area which is very unhygienic and some people will insist on feeding them.

Safety deposit box charge 100 rps per day with a discount if you take it for two weeks or more.

Overall the resort was just OK but I could not recommend it to others and I would not stay there again as it is just a bit grubby for me and overpriced for what it is.

Alor Grand Resort – Candolim (14th Dec – 21st Dec)

Good location just off the main road. I had room 358 which overlooked the pool and is in I believe one of the refurbished blocks. The room was spacious and clean, contained two single beds which were comfy and pretty decent, air con and a fan. A separate kitchen area contained a fridge (grubby), sink and housed the wardrobe. We had an issue with the bathroom as my mate got an electric shock whilst in the shower when he touched the cold tap – we complained and they replaced the hot water heater as they said it was faulty and that probably caused it. Two days later when we were leaving I received an electric shock from touching the cold tap which is of course very concerning – I reported it again and said they needed to get it sorted out before someone was seriously injured.

Safety deposit box charge 75 rps per day.

Although I had a decent room with a good view, others in the resort did not. Overall the resort is OK but I think you could get better accommodation if you shopped around.

Shacks:-

Alex’s Shack – this is a new shack in Candolim about the 3rd along as you turn right on to the beach at the bottom of beach road. A good shack with friendly staff and reasonably priced.

Large Kingfisher - 100 Rps

Noodles/Rice from - 110 Rps

Soft Drinks – 30Rps

They have new and clean toilets, great views when inside the shack and the food is a good standard. They only charge for beds if you do not eat or drink at the shack. Some of the beds do need some restoration though but that is a small point – a good shack and becoming popular.

Drop Inn Shack – Good location next to Bono’s, on a nice bit of beach with plenty space between their beds and friendly staff. They will charge for beds unless you spend a certain amount so you should clarify this at the start of your day with what your average spend etc. Is and then you will know – I was never charged. The prices and food are also pretty reasonable.

Large Kingfisher – 100 Rps

Noodles/Rice – 120 Rps

Soft Drinks – 30 Rps

Water – 30Rps.

Clean toilets, shower etc.

Flipper Shack – Reasonable shack with average prices.

Large KF – 110 Rps

Soft Drinks – 30 Rps

Noodles/Rice from 140 Rps.

Red Lobster Shack – in Candolim but on the way to Calangute. This is by far the cheapest shack that I have found by far.

Large KF – 100 Rps

Noodles/Rice etc. from 70 Rps

Toasties – average 60/70 Rps

Chips – 70 Rps

Curry’s from – 150 Rps

Nice friendly staff and a popular shack. The toilets although OK could do with a bit more cleaning throughout the day but in general they are fine.

Horizon Shack – Candolim but on the way to Calangute.

Nice shack and on a good bit of beach. They have an offer on the Kingfisher and if you buy a Large KF you get a small one free – the price is 120 Rps for both making it 80 for the Large and 40 for the small which is pretty good for the beach. Their food is good although a bit pricy when compared to some other shacks with say noodles/rice dishes starting from 200 Rps. The beds are free and the toilet OK.

Bono’s Shack are charging for their beds and a large Kingfisher is 120 Rps and as a result not as busy as usual.

Wagamma – the same as bono’s. Some people taking beds at this shack but going next door to Alex’s to eat and drink.

Dreamers – Free beds but 120 rps for Large KF and expensive food compared to some other shacks.

APPI shack – good prices and plenty of space if you are looking for a quiet bit of the beach.

Calamari Shack – expensive for everything!

That’s all for now and I will provide some other bits of info in an update later today/tomorrow.

I had a good time yet again in Goa but think it may be my last visit.

Regards

wales
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back - Mini trip Report

thanks for info it will be our first time to goa in march thank you Goamadman

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back - Mini trip Report

Thanks for your report and for posting all the prices, looking forward to the next update.

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back - Mini trip Report

Thanks for taking the time to report.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Blues

4. Re: Just back - Mini trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Goa