We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
smoking

Can you buy english cigarettes in benaulim ? I is there a ban on smoking in all public areas, and is it strictly adhered to. ???

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

You can buy benson and hedges,normaly abot 150 rupees a pack,.As for the smoking ban,certainly not adhered to anywhere other than enclosed restaurants.

John

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

yvebristol

There are 'No Smoking; signs up in lots of restaurants but this is often ignored.

In fact, if you ask one of the waiters for an ashtray they'll bring one without battling an eye.

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

thankyou both for your prompt replies...do either of you know a shop where i can purchase benson and hedges in benaulim. looking forward to our holiday and one of my guilty pleasures is enjoying a cig whilst sipping on a long cool drink at a beachside shack, watching the world go by.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

Sorry, I'm out on that question as I don't smoke. ;0)

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking

Sorry don't know of any particular shops,but you won't have trouble finding one.

John

Castlederg
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smoking

When buying u/k brand cigs, be carefull there are a lot of fakes in india. An indian brand we allways buy are gold flake, top quality about 100rps for 20. You can get win cigs 30/40rps for 20 (I don't like them but lots do).

Castlederg
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smoking

When buying u/k brand cigs, be carefull there are a lot of fakes in india. An indian brand we allways buy are gold flake, top quality about 100rps for 20. You can get win cigs 30/40rps for 20 (I don't like them but lots do).

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smoking

Thanks for your help everyone...just curious Gary b, what are the fake ones made of , cow dung ..lol,thanks for the warning..

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: smoking

its a long time since i smoked but friends who do find

goldflake most acceptable

ask the boy at your favourite shake to get you the cigs

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,142 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: smoking

From one smoker to another, yes the Gold Flake are fine.

I personally wouldn't fancy the cow dung cigs. Also curious as to what's in the fakes, but have never tried them. Better safe than sorry.

Kingfisher beer is O.K. too, but always have a look on the bottle to see when it was brewed. We had some which had been brewed a couple of days previously and it tasted like what comes out of another part of the cow. Revolting.

Edited: 01 January 2014, 05:59