We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

Hi,

Trying to complete the usual aplication form on the VSF Global Website but as soon as I go to complete the "online application" it will not let me continue. Did phone their helpline in India but was told there aren't any problems...think it was a "Go Away" answer. Is anybody else having problems?

Cheers,

Nick

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

Another browser may help. I had to fill forms in on Chrome and pay using Explorer.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,012 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

Just checked and it is working ok. Use Chrome or Internet Explorer 8 and above; turn off pop up blockers.

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

Cheers,

....sorted.

Nick

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

I had the same problem with it at the weekend and read on this forum about using chrome and using chrome worked fine

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

July 2014 - trying to get onto the application form - tried Chrome and Explorer but cannot get through on either - anyone else having problems? Where do you find the helpline number?

Lorr

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

cant help with your problem Lorraine but just wondered when you are going, the visa starts from the date of issue and you may only be issued with a 3 month one so dont apply too early, someone has just had theirs returned and been told to apply nearer their arrival date

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

thanks for that. It is a consideration as I only want a 3 month and wondering whether to wait but I can't find the fee cost only that they charge up to 6 months the same fee but not sure. I got to something through the Indian High Commission and as I remember from last year it looks right but last year it was so easy through VSF so don't know why it wont work as we have done everything turned off pop ups etc. Ah well, am sure will get there in the end. Thanks for time. Lorr

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

A three month visa is exactly the same cost as a six month visa so you might as well apply for a six month visa.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

Yep have just understood that. At the expense of 95pence per minute I have phone the High Commission and the problem is that the website is overloaded so it must be to do with Summer holidays as I did not have any problem last year in February.

Thanks for your comment.

Lorraine

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Problems With Online Applications??? (VSF Global)

Hi Lorraine

I have just done a dummy application and the website is working fine.

Have a look at the visa guide (link below)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k6…

Any more questions just ask.

There is another number for VFS that isn't 95p per minute -020 7811 3976