We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helllllp please......

london
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Helllllp please......

Hi,

After lots of reading and lots of help from you guys..............

I have finally decided where I'm going, 7 nights North and 8 nights South, so excited.

Now it's the visa, I just don't get it !!

I have read and read and followed links till I'm so confused !!

Firstly how long before we travel should we apply ??

Do make two separate applications ??

Please forgive me if I am being totally thick, but do I fill out the application online and then need to make an appointment aswell to take my photos and passport ??

Or do I fill out the form online print it off and send it with my photos and passport ??

Is it £90.00 each person ??

Any suggestions on the easiest way to apply will be very much appreciated !!

Many thanks

Dee :0)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helllllp please......

Just go to the sticky at the top of the page..........meerkats visa guide, all the links and info is there.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helllllp please......

Yes, it's one application per person. Each person needs their own visa.

You can fill it in online and either take it to the VFS office in Goswell Road, or post off the application with your passport and photos.

I'm fairly sure it's £90 plus something else PER PERSON. Plus whatever a self addressed envelope costs if you're having it sent back to you.

It's taking a week or so for visas to come back, and I would apply a month or so before you go.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helllllp please......

When are you travelling?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helllllp please......

The cost is £92.20 for the visa (£82 visa + £10.20 mandatory VFS admin fee).

Most get a 6 month visa, although some people in certain occupations (police, armed forces etc) are only given a 3 month visa.

Visas are valid from date of issue so you need to time your application to make sure your travel dates are covered.

All relevant info for completing the application plus all the documents you need to include are in the thread mentioned in reply #1.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helllllp please......

Another point if posting you can send all passports and applications in one Special Delivery envelope . For returning you need to include one self addressed SDE for each passport. When you buy them take note of numbers so you can track the delivery, although it's usually the day after VFS say they have posted back.

london
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helllllp please......

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful.

I have just read 2 postings with lots of replies and loads of info about visas, and read through Meerkats guide,

I feel a lot more confident now about applying....... Ha wish me luck, I'm sure I'll be back with some questions for you all.

Many thanks

Dee :0)

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helllllp please......

We've never had a problem, Dee, and I've got 8 Indian visas in my passport.

But, we do check everything - if you can, have someone with you to double-check your typing - and we do the application straight through in one go to printing off and paying.

I've read some people having trouble retrieving their application when they've saved it part way through.

I'm sure you'll manage it OK.

8. Re: Helllllp please......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 08:05
UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helllllp please......

jatinrana this thread is about visas. You might be better starting a new post for help with your question:)

10. Re: Helllllp please......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Goa