We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfy plane

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Comfy plane

Could anyone tell me which they found the most comfy flight s to Goa .First time we flew we flew first choice quite roomy seat but since we have done monarch and thomson and thomas cook and found these less comfy they have the decent seat pitch but the width of the seats are getting ridiculous at Xmas I measured my seat 16 .25 inch ok if you are under 8 stone but a tight squeeze otherwise I'm adamant the next trip we will fly a bit more comfortably even if it costs a bit more but want to make the right choice so asking for advice from other travellers Don't mind stops but need more space especially on way back when you have had 3 wks of delicious Goan food

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfy plane

We have just used the Thos Cook Premium upgrade, which does give you plenty of leg and bottom room.

If you can get the two seats together it feels roomier, as you haven't got to fight a stranger for more space.

The TC upgrade this year doesn't include booze, so its a bit cheaper than those that do, like Monarch or Thomson.

Barton upon Humber
Level Contributor
354 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfy plane

We flew Thomson Dreamliner in December - Best flight ever.

Big roomy cabin and good seat size (even in cattle class)

Premium looks very good with massive seats.

We have booked the Dreamliner for when we return this December.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfy plane

We have been flying Qatar for a few years now, i would say there seats are very comfortable and have enough room even for me as i carry a bit of weight.:-)) Gel

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfy plane

are the seats wider and do the arm rests lift up

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfy plane

Yes they are wider as i am pretty wide and the seat belt still fits without an extension, some of the arm rests lift up. :-)) Gel

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfy plane

Doing the Dreamliner next week so nice to hear you had a good flight. Can't see the point in upgrading anymore with the extra pitch seating they offer as you say in ( cattle class ). Did you fly out of Gatwick or Manchester?

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfy plane

mich,, u seen the price of pem on the dremliner,,550 pound,ish each,, but its like first class on a sched flight with the seats, like beds,,lol its deff the best way to fly to goa,,if u got the cash,,lol its just the 3/3/3 seating I don't like//

Edited: 16 January 2014, 18:22
Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comfy plane

That must surely be a last minute price as we paid more than that for ( cattle class ).

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comfy plane

no steve ,, that's just for the prem ,,the fight price is on top of the 550,ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0Xg-GcMOk

Edited: 16 January 2014, 18:38
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
573 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Comfy plane

We are flying with qatar next time, usually do package. Did you book accommodation direct with the hotel.