We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,535 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

We are off later today.

My wife has a small suitcase which qualifies as a cabin bag.

We have been told by the people organising our that they weigh cabin bags - max 5kg. Hers will be about that BUT she also has her handbag - will they weigh the two bags together ?

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

I think it will all depend on how keen the check in staff are.

Technically it usually states that one price of hand luggage per person but you do see people with a cabin bag and handbag.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,535 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

Thanks for that - off in 30 minutes !

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

Monarch have always asked to see our hand baggage and sometimes have weighed them.

I only take the one bag so I'm not sure of Monarch's rules but if you don't stick to the rules, you're always going to run the risk of problems.

Hope check-in goes smoothly & have a good holiday.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

If it all goes wrong,the worst that will happen is that you will have to pay excess baggage charges. At that point, consider whether the stuff you are taking is worth paying £x per kilo to keep/to take. If not, just throw it away and replace it cheaper than the excess baggage cost.....

Todmorden, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

What I've done in the past is shoved my handbag inside my cabin bag until after check-in, not yet with Monarch though.....

6. Re: Monarch flight - cabin bag weight - URGENT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:19