We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leather boots, handmade in Calangute?

Hull
9 posts
Save Topic
Leather boots, handmade in Calangute?

Hello everyone.

My family and I will be visiting Calangute for the first time ever in .march this year, we will be staying in the Santa Monica.I'm just enquiring as to whether you can have you own leather boots made by a cobbler in Calangute which fit just under your knee. I have very large calves and I cannot find any boots in the UK . Do any of you know of any cobblers in Calangute that would be able to make me a pair in leather also myself and my daughter would love to have a handmade satchel, like the type used in the 1970s. I would be most grateful if anyone could help us. Would we need to take photographs of the style of boots and bags along with us also does anyone know a rough estimate of costs please?

Many thanks and kindest regards

Dorie xxx

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leather boots, handmade in Calangute?

hi i took a pair of boots with me a couple of years ago but didnt have any luck... i tried candolim calangute and baga... no one could do them. but your bag will probably different and im sure youll be able to get one made. the boot thing was a couple of yrs ago as i said. not sure if it will be any different. hope this helps!

regads.. Morgs. x

Hull
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leather boots, handmade in Calangute?

Many thanks for your reply Morgs. It looks like I'll never own a pair of boots due to having huge calves but like you say alot can happen in 2yrs so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again

kindest regards

Dorie xxx

3. Re: Leather boots, handmade in Calangute?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18