We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa and accomodation

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Visa and accomodation

Hi, it our first visit to goa and unsure of what to do...I am just about to book flights but booking accommodation separately as we want to stay a week in the south and then a week in the north, does anybody recommend a nice place to stay in the south? Visa... I'm planning on just going to Leicester to get it from there... Do i wait there and get it the same day? What do I need to take with me? Also I can book flights and accommodation before having a visa? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you cristy

S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
594 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa and accomodation

Visa's are being processed in 3-4 days - by post - at the moment. Posted on Saturday, back today!

Flights and accom - ok to book without visa.

Where to stay? You need to expand on what you want and what sort of budget you have!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa and accomodation

The visa turnaround at the moment is approx 4-5 working days.

Have a good read on this website which is the official Indian visa website: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

This will give you all the info for applying for a visa.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa and accomodation

Also read this excellent guide to completing the form:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297604-c202264/Goa…

That tells you how to complete the on-line application form and what other documents you need.

You will also need 2 x 2" photos.

Are you aware that the Leicester office is only open on Fridays 10:00am - 2pm for you to hand your documents in?

You will not get your visa on the same day.

If you take it in to Leicester it will be posted back to you.

4. Re: Visa and accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19