We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet and Mumbai

turkey
Level Contributor
340 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Jet and Mumbai

There is alot of info on here re transferring between the international and domestic terminals in Mumbai - I am having nightmares as it seems very stressful !!- But thanks to everyone who had written anything at all

My question is this.....

Does Jet have its own lıttle transfer bus when the connection is tight or is it just the maın airport one. Having less than 2 hours to do the whole thing albeit with just handluggage every second will count !!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet and Mumbai

No dedicated buses - just the airport service transfer bus - as I have advised others if your that concerned about time get a taxi from outside international to domestic - the shuttle service can be a bit haphazard in an indian sylee so if one is full you have to wait for the next one and they don't really move until they have enough people on. Taxi is around 400 from prepay stand outside. Oh and the taxi ride is a lot more interesting!

Edited: 25 January 2014, 10:10
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet and Mumbai

Have never had a problem with the airside shuttle bus, other than the luggage loaders hassling for tips or 'compliments' as they call them, and people usually get there in time! If your inbound flight is late and you are on a through ticket, the airline will deal with any issues and get you on the next flight at their cost. If you have booked the domestic flight separately and it all goes wrong, the worst that will happen will be that you need to buy a new domestic ticket on a later flight (and your insurance may kick in, but you will need to read the policy to see whether it does!).

Just get the airside bus.

Bear in mind that the new international terminal may have opened by the time you arrive in Bombay and the transfer process may be slightly different! It will still get you there though. Airports around the world are used to getting people from one flight to another and Bombay is a main hub airport.

Personally, I have never understood any of the posts on this forum where people have got slightly hysterical about an airport transfer! Have you read as many posts by people who say they were so traumatised by the transfer at Bombay that they required medical treatment after the event!? Exactly! It is a hub airport and thousands and thousands of people transfer daily there without paying 400 rupees (what a rip off in. Bombay terms - it only costs 480 rupees for an airport booked taxi right the way to Nariman Point in South Bombay, usually 90 minutes drive and about 20 miles or so distance) between terminals.

When you get off the bus, follow the corridor through to the main terminal and the Jet check in desks are near your entrance into the terminal. After you have checked your bags in, note whether you have to go to the departure gates upstairs or on the ground level as each is a separate area with different queues and security checks. You don't want to waste time in the wrong area! Jet flights to Goa leave from both departure areas so do be sure t of clarify.

There is also a very nice coffee stall in the main terminal, diagonally opposite the check in counter for a burst of caffeine after you have deposited your bags (and a bank of ATMs there in case you have an ICICI rupee card which is burning a hole in your pocket).

England Wigan
Level Contributor
404 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet and Mumbai

Hi londonraffles1

we have a through ticket with ba to goa landing at Mumbai term 2, 2hr 45min transfer to term 1b, I believe you collect your cases at term 2, do you check your cases back in at term 2 or do you take them to term 1b

Thanks Danny

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,947 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet and Mumbai

Hi !

Since you have a through ticket ... you need to worry the least. The airline will take care.

Get in touch with airline counter as soon as you land at Mumbai and you will be taken care of.

All thr best.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet and Mumbai

Danny, you keep your baggage with you on the way out as you clear immigration and customs in Bombay on arrival into the country. However, on a through ticket, you are usually able on return to check your baggage right through to the final destination (on that ticket routing) and only have to bother about your hand baggage in Bombay (and if you have enough time between the domestic and international flights, travel light with the hand baggage and take a quick visit to Bandra or Juhu, both of which are nearby).

England Wigan
Level Contributor
404 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet and Mumbai

Hi

Thanks for the replys

Danny

turkey
Level Contributor
340 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet and Mumbai

londonraffles - exactly bt the hysteria is rubbing off on me ! Its the same with the visa application thread.....

anyway with getting hand luggage stamped (?) army personel not allowing people into the terminals early. so many stories on getting between terminals you now throw in the added horror of departure gates on two different levels......if all else fails and I dont make my connection it seems theres a 7 hr wait for the next flight on any other carrier so I mıght just splurge on an airport hotel

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet and Mumbai

We did it for first time in Nov and needn't have worried. Was really straightforward and far less hassle than expected. Taxi transfer easy and check in went well.

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet and Mumbai

I've done it 5 times, 2 with Kingfisher, 3 with Jet., LDN to GOI.

Never had any problems, never missed a connectiion. All my internal flights were 90 minutes after the international landed, always used the shuttle bus.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet and Mumbai

If you are arriving international after Feb 11, there is a new international terminal in Mumbai that you are going to have to deal with. Do not assume any advice pertaining to transfers is valid. Contact ground staff of Jet Airways and they will assist you.

If you are arriving before Feb 11, then it seems to me that 2 hours is cutting things too fine. Your only hope is the ground staff. They will push people through ahead of the queue to make the flight if its a panic situation.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 04:24