We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong address on Undertaking letter

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wrong address on Undertaking letter

I am Police Staff so I do not require an undertaking letter but to be on the safe side as advised in another post I requested HR to do me one on headed paper which they did. So I'm all set to go to the post office and notice my employer has addressed it to the Commissioner of India Hockley, Birmingham and not London. I sent HR a template with the address on so don't know why they've addressed it to Birmingham. SO do I get HR to do me another one or shall I just amend it in black ink? What do you reckon?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,151 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong address on Undertaking letter

Hi

I definitely WOULDNT amend it .

I think I would ask HR to write another letter.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong address on Undertaking letter

Hi DFazz....

Any answer that you got on here, would be speculation only....Do what you think is best.....

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong address on Undertaking letter

Or listen to Badgerlad.... Lol

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong address on Undertaking letter

I would get HR to re do you another one that way you know you won't have any problems.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,151 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong address on Undertaking letter

Or listen to bindoobaba.;-)

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrong address on Undertaking letter

problem would go away if you put down 'civil servant' on the visa application. As soon as you try to be too specific, then problems arise such as this one.

7. Re: Wrong address on Undertaking letter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 06:18