We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airways refund

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar airways refund

Anyone ever had a refund from qatar airways?, if so how was it refunded. Basically we had a delay on our return, resulting in paying a extra 30 pounds for new national express tickets. I requested the money be returned, was told to scan my receipts , which I have done. The doha office have now told the London office to refund me. However requesting my bank details, which not to happy abt, as would have preferred a cheque. Not sure what to do, may give a old account details where there is just two pounds in, a account I no longer use. Just worried abt the security side of giving account and sort code by email.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar airways refund

Hi Chelsea

I have never had a refund from Qatar but giving them your account number and sort code in an email is no different than sending a cheque through the post as a cheque has the same details.

If you are concerned then use the old account that you have.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar airways refund

Thanks badger, have emailed them with old account details,30 pounds can buy a few honeybees or kingfishers on the next visit :)))

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar airways refund

Cheques are a very expensive method of payments for businesses, issuing, cost of stationery for covering letter, posting costs, cancelling and reissuing if lost in post, audit trail etc. Everyone uses electronic transfer as more cost effective method of transferring cash.

I'd happily have given my main bank details to Qatar to accept the payment on your behalf!

4. Re: Qatar airways refund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:18