We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elections

Burnham-On-Sea...
Level Contributor
395 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Elections

Is there likely to be elections next year 2015 as we was there for the last one and was a pain in the rear, bars closing at 10pm and getting to nearer the election (although we had gone home) the bars were closed and no alchahol was being sold, not that I'm alcholic dependent but I do enjoy a drink and for the last one we got our duty free from room, which a number of guests did and sat around the pool with music box playing softly in the background as we was told off for being to noisy and the bar was closed

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Elections

Hiya,

We were there then also but thankfully our hotel was not on a main road so they just turned the lights down and carried on serving us till 2am, if I remember correctly the elections are every 5 years so I think the next one is 2017. If anyone thinks this is wrong please advise.

Sue

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,557 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elections

Yes - the last assembly elections in Goa were held in March 2012 and General Elections in India will be held later this year ..there are no chances of elections in 2015.

Welcome to India

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elections

Is anything affected between 24march to 29march as election is in april i have book tickets already

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,557 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elections

Hi !

March 2014 shouldn't be a problem.

CarLink

Kochi (Cochin...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Elections

Hey people,

I am planning to visit goa in coming weeks but its clashing with the election day in goa. So i ain't sure if its wise thing to be there during that time.So please advise guys. Also let me know on few more things:

1) what will be consequences of going to goa during election

2) If I change my plan to post elections that is during april 17 something like will I have get to enjoy without any restrictions.

Thanks for your help.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Elections

Hi!!! Same situation here...the plan is clashing with the election!!! We r in a huge dilemma....wat do we do?????

7. Re: Elections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 21:05
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
336 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elections

Hey guys, elections are for A DAY and alchohol restrictions are for max 2 days. You can always enjoy your drink in your room by buying either the day before or from the duty free. I would suggest that you hire a local taxi and do visit various election booths to see the largest democracy in the world at action. I am sure you would be surprised to see long queues at polling stations. Do chat up with election agents.

It will be a one helluva story to talk about.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elections

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k7…

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,557 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elections

Good Advice Janix500.

It would be an amazing experience for any individual, who has not seen Indian Elections.

The largest democracy in the world goes to vote.

CarLink