We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India visa head office grays essex ceased trading

Cleobury Mortimer...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
India visa head office grays essex ceased trading

I received my passports and application forms back from the above last saturday minus the visas.There was a short note,no letter heading or contact details, stating that they had ceased trading and my fee of £250 would be returned to me in 60 days. I dont hold out much hope. Does anyone know how i could contact the receiver? I have tried phoning India visa head office but no one answers Does the Indian Embassy have any control over these agents and are they vetted in any way.? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India visa head office grays essex ceased trading

You have no redress from the Indian Embassy, they state clearly on their website that you should apply direct with VFS

All applicants are required to fill the valid online visa application form through the authorized website and lodge their applications with our sole service partner M/s VF Services UK. High Commission of India and the Consulates will not be responsible for transactions made with any other websites or agents.

To be honest I think you are lucky you got your passort back if the receivers are in.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 15:14
UK
Level Contributor
9,240 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India visa head office grays essex ceased trading

dragonfli the OP also started another thread on this for some reason. The problem with these duplicate posts is that replies are all over the place and some may be missed. Anyway here is the link.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…56558951

I agree with your reply.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India visa head office grays essex ceased trading

thanks Igirl, i had not seen the other thread

4. Re: India visa head office grays essex ceased trading

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:29