We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa prices

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
visa prices

Not long returned home from goa and there is lots of talk of visa prices coming dot nxt year even paying on entering the country can't find anything on internet anyone know anything or heard the same thks...already looking for nxt holiday x

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa prices

If you search the forum you will find loads about it but no answers to your questions. Visa on arrival for a maximum of 30 days will be available, hopefully for the start of next season but we have to wait and see. Nobody knows the price, it definately wont be pay on entering the country, it will be applying and paying online as you do now and being granted the visa (so nobody will be refused and sent back when they get there) but not having to send your passport off, it will be stamped when you arrive and the latest reports suggest some sort of biometric data will be taken at the airport but again nobody knows what and nobody will know for sure until it happens.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa prices

Knowing the way India love their paperwork and red tape, it may be a bigger fiasco than what it is now. ha ha

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,014 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa prices

All the 'Biometric' information is already on UK chipped passports ,so that won't be a problem. We will just have to wait and see for the details and introduction. I for one hope it happens.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa prices

not everyone has a chipped passport though I dont think. I was imagining it would be more along the lines of finger prints like they do if you visit the US. I hope it happens too Yorkie, I hate sending my passport off, I dont trust Royal Mail at all after having a special next day delivery stolen and a bank card stolen and used while they were in their "care".

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,014 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa prices

I know what you mean about the Post Dragonfli . Can't send birthday cards to family down on the south coast as most don't get there. Won't be many left now without a 'Biometric' passport ,they have been around since 2006. Can you imagine the queues at Dabolim if we have to give prints ! We have knocked a day of our holidays so we fall in the 30 day bit in the hope that Visa on arrival happens. Fingers crossed.

Cleobury Mortimer...
Level Contributor
425 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa prices

Hi the chip in my passport doesn't work, so others may have same problem. Good job im going for 3months and wont need visa on entry.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa prices

Lindamu i was wondering what those who are going for over 30 days will have to do. thats us as well this year.:-)) Gel

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,014 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa prices

Think it will be the same as now Gel, sending passports off.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visa prices

Thanks Yorkie that will do for me.i wonder who has got the new contract for the visa's this year. :-)) Gel

Cleobury Mortimer...
Level Contributor
425 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visa prices

Hi Londongel, Yes as yorkietourer said it will be the same as usual (send passport).Not sure yet who has the contract.