We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First long stay trip report!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
First long stay trip report!

We arrived in Goa at the end of November at 3 am! On our way from the airport to calengute I felt sick!!!...although excited it was strange thinking we are not here for 2 or 3 weeks......this is it for our birthdays, Christmas,New year and Valentines day! We settled into the apartment ,acclimatised for 10 days before our trip to Kerala. We caught the early morning train from Madgaon to Cochin,where we spent 2 days at Sajhomestay.We went to Munnar, Thekady,Allepy back to Fort Cochin,Chinese Fishing nets, Temples, Tea plantations, Martial arts, Kathakali show,elephant ride, Peryier lake,followed by an overnight trip on a houseboat.We took the train back to Goa. We ate at some great places including Cafe Lazy Days,Soumyens Kitchen, A Reverie Fiori, Redonda( good for a morning Lassie) numerous beach shacks to name a few!! Walking along a dusty track we bumped into Badger and Meercat had a quick chat!!( they seemed just as lovely as they come across on here.Visited many beaches including Little Vagator, Anjuna,mandrem,Baga,Candolim,My brother visited took him south stayed at White Sand Agonda took the boat to small Cola where we stayed in tents. Towards the end of our holiday we went to Blue Lagoon,Palolem and Patnam where we stayed in both posh and backpacker huts!!! A great week! We met up with friends(. Not seen for 5 years) made Many great new friends went to THE handbag man!!! This is very shortened but we had an amazing time,,,,,,,,the best time ever far better than our expectations!! We MUST thank so many people on here for all the tips,advice etc etc. Meercat for visa help,London Gall re Handbags, Chelseawolves re our trip to Kerela,Thankyou one and all.................We Roving Oldies had such an amazing time we got home on the Friday by Tuesday lunchtime E Tickets were tucked into our passports ready for November for our next long stay!!!......May see some of you!!

Edited: 30 March 2014, 21:01
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First long stay trip report!

Glad you enjoyed your adventure and are ready to do it all over again, and more, later this year!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,748 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First long stay trip report!

Lucky you escaping most of the winter & being able to spend 3 months in Goa. Glad your first long stay lived up to your expectations and you had such a great time.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 22:56
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,748 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First long stay trip report!

That should say 4 months if you've only just got back - even better ;-)

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First long stay trip report!

Sounds like you had a great time and seen quite a bit of Goa (North and South). Welcome home, I hope you managed to steal some of that Goan sunshine, if you did could you pop some in the post and send it up to Scotland :0)

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First long stay trip report!

Delighted I could be of help,hope you bought what you were looking for, really pleased you had such a wonderful time,thank you for taking the time to write your report. :-)) Gel

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First long stay trip report!

Have been back 4 weeks, just didn't get round to trip report!! As for the Weather it has been sunny here in Suffolk all but 3 days since we got back!! Someone told me we are going to have a heat wave summer!!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First long stay trip report!

What a lovely trip , everything sounds fantastic. I would be interested to know how long the train from margao to Cochin takes ? thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,955 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First long stay trip report!

Seem to have enjoyed.

India awaits your next visit.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First long stay trip report!

Hi Shirley

The train from Margao to Cochin took 13 hrs going 12 coming back. We went by day as other 1/2 was nervous but night train would be fine. Bedding is provided individually wrapped and beautifully clean. Defiitely recomend it ! We went 2ac as were told that 1st class you tend not to meet other passengers.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First long stay trip report!

Thanks for that , might look into it for myself, I have done rail from.mumbaii before and loved it.