We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A nice beach, daily yoga, good food and some drinks... Help!

South Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
A nice beach, daily yoga, good food and some drinks... Help!

Hello! My friend and I are doing an organised tour in January 2015, Delhi to Goa, in 15 days. Once in Goa we will then have around four to five days where I would like to find a beautiful beach, a place to attend daily yoga classes, then be able to have some nice dinner and a few drinks to chill out and chat to locals and other travellers.

We are females in our late twenties, young professionals not able to just quit our jobs and travel anymore.

I don't want to go to a commercial resort with hoards of people, western food and English speaking bar owners.

I've been told North Goa has the beautiful, untouched beaches. I am referencing Trip Advisors Best Beaches list and have been looking at Mandarem, in particular Ashwem Beach, but I'm worried this will be too quiet. An STA Travel advisor recommended Palolem and Anjuna.

Any tips and advice would be gratefully recommended.

Thanks.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A nice beach, daily yoga, good food and some drinks... Help!

I don't know when your adviser last went to 'beautiful untouched beaches' in north Goa. I'm sure there may be one or two, but not many!

South Goa is quieter, but to be honest, you are going to struggle anywhere in Goa to find somewhere that doesn't have western food and English speaking bar owners. Not least because English is India's second language, of course.

If yoga is important to you, I would be tempted to head for Agonda in the south, which is still relatively quiet with good restaurants, and a reasonable choice of places to stay in all price brackets.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A nice beach, daily yoga, good food and some drinks... Help!

i think mandrem/ashvem would be good for cleanliness but might lack night time choices although there are marbela , bardo and sunset ashram now . it would be a good base camp as 10 mins north is arambol , 30 mins south anjuna . for a bit more to do at night try anjuna/vagator . for lower prices try arambol its where a lot of backpackers go . a good alternative all rounder for you might be palolem in south goa , it ticks all your boxes too .

theres tons of stuff to help you choose on my blog , or youtube or tripadvisor etc , but if you want yoga/some bars , but arent bothered about flash hotels , clubs/parties and markets and obvious tourist stuff id say palolem or arambol as they are clean , back to basics , away from package hols , and have a lot of like minded yoga and travellers ... depends if you want to go north or south . heres arambol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcZ2jZ_1WuQ

have fun www.tharobster.wordpress.com

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A nice beach, daily yoga, good food and some drinks... Help!

another idea for yoga and a beautuful beach is om beach Gocarna

4. Re: A nice beach, daily yoga, good food and some drinks... Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:17