We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa in April.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Goa in April.

Hello travelers. Im vikas from Bangalore. Goa has been the final destination of my engineering days. however it dint workout as i wanted it... nevertheless, ive got 3 days time to go goa. 22nd to 25th. I definitely know its not enough, but this is my only chance... Can you all help me with this.. ive got few questions in mind.

will the shacks be functional in the time ill be going

will the election fever affect the night life, parties and liquor?

i know i cant cover whole Goa, so what should i prefer? South or north? which is ideal?

how hot and humid will Goa be? staying in shacks is better or finding an AC room?

Will the spirit of Goa be as vibrant and high as during Jan to march?

my budget is 5000rs and we're 7 of us.

Please give in your valuable suggestions and make my trip happen.

Thank you.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 08:40
Surat, India
Level Contributor
76 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa in April.

Been there, suffered that. Goa is terrible in April. And in May. Really hot and uncomfortable.

Shacks start up in November or so, and you can only eat and drink there - you can't stay in a shack, as far as I know. You'll need a hotel.

That was the information, here's an opinion - go to Ooty or Munnar instead. This really is not the time for Goa. Have a great time with your friends!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa in April.

Thank You Mr.Mr. Mehta... Its really disappointing... But we're a bunch of teenagers.. we don't mind the hot sun.. what we really want is 2 3 days of fun... Don't you think Goa still has something to offer? i am so desperate about this trip... like i said, i don't see another Goa trip happening in a long time...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,700 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa in April.

If you dont mind it hot, you will be ok in April, get AC. Things will be starting to wind down but there will still be plenty going on and still some tourists.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa in April.

The weather is fantastic at the moment hot in the day, pleasantly warm at night and not very humid and there will still be some beach shacks open in the Calangute area well into May

North Goa will be livelier than the south, last night Almost Famous were playing at Cafe Jazz in Candolim and there was a great band at the Stonehouse also Anika was on at Decades near Baga, today is Anjuna market and there will be live music this afternoon until late night and on Saturday there will be live music at the two night markets in Arpora from dark until early morning, Ingos market will be rocking from about 9 pm to Jan-Jan Jaani also nearly all the night clubs in the area are all still open but are best at the weekends

The above is just what I know is happening and lots more here www.whatsupgoa.com/GoaParty/calendar.php

I can't help with accommodation but think you can just turn up and ask around at this time of year also if you want it more peaceful, beach huts a bit further north at Anjuna, Vagator, Morjim, Ashvem, Mandrem & Arambol should still be open until the end of the month

Edited: 16 April 2014, 04:10
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa in April.

It might be hot, but its GOA!

I would suggest you to stay in north...if not shacks then you may find many budget hotels there...5K is a decent budget. Elections in Goa is over, so won't be any problems.

Surat, India
Level Contributor
76 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa in April.

Lovely, detailed answer, Welloutofit!

VKS_666, he's actually in Goa at the moment, so go by his opinion. Mackey's Night Bazaar is a great experience, but you won't be there on a Saturday. Still, if you enjoy clubs and discs, you'll have a good time in Goa.

Cheers,

Parang.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goa in April.

So after considering your advice, I have decided to just pack my bags and get going. regarding the stay, i have spoken to the people of Tantra beach shack. they provide a roof top stay. i even spoke to the the owner/manager, they are quite welcoming... it looks quite interesting. what do you guys say? Is this a ideal plan, stay in tantra, explore around. You guys agree that Anjuna beach is the best option?

Can you help me with the motor cycle rental? should i deposit a initial amount? what is the rent? should i provide any vital information like Visa? the rent, Is it negotiable?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,700 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goa in April.

I am glad you decided to go VKS, it will be fine, have a wonderful time and please report when you come back :)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Goa in April.

Hey,

Motor cycles are available in plenty. Locals are of great help there. You may find motor cycles for rent in almost every other lane of north goa. Don't worry about that!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goa in April.

You can find plenty of Motor cycle on rent in North Goa. In Anjuna you can get it near Starco Junction, Entry to Anjuna Beach and many more.