We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new airport terminal,probs

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
new airport terminal,probs

…indiatimes.com/city/…33792723.cms

…indiatimes.com/city/…33792731.cms

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,835 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: new airport terminal,probs

Daisyday:

<<

I used the Ladies toilets there and unfortunately was wearing long linen trousers, the floor of the toilets were disgusting and the bottom of my trousers looked very stained for my journey home and I won't tell you what of!!

>>

YUK!!

I know what you mean, though.

I used to travel in full length linen trousers and when I went to the loo, as I got towards the front of the queue - there was ALWAYS a queue - I used to roll my trousers up to my knees. If anyone looked askant at me, I'd smile and say 'just adopting toilet position'.

<<

We thought considering the large expanse of space, the shops are tiny and you feel very crowded in them. Why didn't they make the shops either larger or have some more shops? Very strange. >>

I may be wrong but I think they might have moved the whole duty free shop from the old terminal to the new one (instead of building new shops).

Certainly last time we flew from the old terminal there was a gap that had seats in that looked a bit 'odd' and then we realised that that was where one of the duty free shops had been, The whole structure had disappeared.(probably moved it over on the back of a scooter).

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: new airport terminal,probs

Your post did make me laugh PPC, I'll recognise you now if I ever bump into you in a toilet in the airport ;-)

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,835 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: new airport terminal,probs

Nah, you won't recognise me, Gemma - I discovered the joys of travelling in leggings a few years ago. ;0)

Bit of a bugger getting knee-length flight socks on though.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: new airport terminal,probs

polly,, we forgot to put the flight socks on ,,going back, its the first time we done this,,,big diff a lot of cramp for me at home, and oh ankles swollen,wont forget again,,lol,,

telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10028503/F…

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: new airport terminal,probs

I like the bit about avoiding making critical decisions, Bazz. The only decisions I make on a flight are "Beef or chicken?" and what to drink next.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: new airport terminal,probs

on Qatar ned the pizza is the best bet,,lol,

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
599 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: new airport terminal,probs

PPC - well, I made a note to myself to wear cropped trousers next time! I sprayed Vanish on the trousers and put some powder in the machine and they look ok now! They certainly will bring back memories next time I wear them!

This was our first visit to Goa so can't comment on the previous terminal - we just thought there was so much space for waiting in the new terminal and large expanses of .... well nothing... it just seemed a waste. Another couple from our hotel were remarking how they were hoping to get some gifts at the airport to take back... but not much to buy really! Did like the samosas though and thought they were great value - think about 800 rupees and a cup of tea was 700 rupees or thereabouts. I know in most European airports we usually get clobbered for about £2-3 for a cup of tea and thought we would at Goa too so pleasantly surprised. Samosas so good my husband bought a couple of extra to take home! So all in all not such a bad experience at the airport as we had expected from reading on the forum - perhaps the teething problems were sorted.

One thing was though - on the plane out (we travelled with Thomsons on the Dreamliner) we were provided with a landing form to complete which was quite detailed. Completed it all on the plane and when we landed we were told these forms were no longer used and a new one was in place - much simpler - and we were handed those to complete while in the queue. Not sure why Thomsons aren't on the ball if this is the case.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: new airport terminal,probs

yes daisy,,the food prices not bad I got a big,ish can of coke,,and a veg wrap,,200 rups,,and then ,,boarding started,,so I put them in my travel shoulder bag,,thay were still there when we got home,,lol,,still got the coke,the wrap well did think of eating,,but bined it,,lol,,,

Edited: 17 April 2014, 10:52
Surrey, England
Level Contributor
599 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: new airport terminal,probs

Well, we had our zip lock bags so hubby wrapped up his veg samosa and was well pleased with his samosa when he got home!!

20. Re: new airport terminal,probs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Goa