We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we fancy a change this year

Leeds
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
we fancy a change this year

hya we have been to Goa 4times and always stayed in Calangue ,baga areas but fancy staying down south .Can anyone recommend a area for us to look at please?thanks

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: we fancy a change this year

How quiet do you want it? I'd recommend you have a look at Cavelossim which has some decent hotel/guest houses & a good selection of restaurants and shacks.

If you want to go further south you could look at Palolem or Agonda - both have plenty of beach huts to choose from if you fancy staying in a beach hut for a few nights.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: we fancy a change this year

Ditto Gemma's post.

I love Cavalossim, so much quieter and relaxed than the likes of Calangute, Baga and Candolim, much nicer in my opinion.

BOB....

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: we fancy a change this year

We r also thinking of doing a week down south this season. How much quieter is cavesolim compared to candolim. Are there enough bars and restaurants to go in a different one every night for a week. Thanks.

Leeds
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: we fancy a change this year

Thank you ,were looking for somewhere quieter but still within reach of bars//restaurants .Donna Sylvia looks nice but its all inclusive.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: we fancy a change this year

Plenty of eating places in Cavalossim June. I'd say it's half as quiet again to Candolim. (difficult one that).

If you decide to go, I and others will give you names of restaurants that are good.

There's no need to go all inclusive in Cavalossim Angiecleeds, plenty of great restaurants to chose from and they're all reasonably priced.

BOB....

Edited: 22 April 2014, 19:05
Leeds
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: we fancy a change this year

I know thats what i thought .I dont go all inclusive if theres no need.i have seen some deals with coop travel but they dont look like direct flights.I will keep looking many thanks

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: we fancy a change this year

June there are enough restaurants in Cavelossim to go to a different one every night in a fortnight, let alone a week. We usually eat at 9 or 10 in a fortnight as like to revisit our favourites. I need to go for longer to fit them all in ;-)

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: we fancy a change this year

Thanks Bob and Gemma. Once we have booked flights I will start some posts with all my questions. We just fancy trying South for a week then back up north. I have to wait till mid June for football fixtures to come out before we book anything lol.

Sorry Angiecleeds for hijacking your post but at least we are both looking for the same answers.

Leeds
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: we fancy a change this year

not a problem June , x

10. Re: we fancy a change this year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:16