We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in goa

Pune, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
A week in goa

Need suggestions: I will be travelling to goa from pune by train no. 11097 Poorna express. have to reach thivim which is not in the route of this train , so where should I get down to reach thivim which is the closest station to it. ...kulem, sanverdam church or mudgaon.??? I hope there I can also find something to reach thivim from that station. ..Have to reach there at specific time & date to catch my friends who are coming from delhi... Thanks in advance

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week in goa

Both Margao and Colem are in south Goa, it'd be far from Thivim in north Goa.

Pune-Mhapusa by bus would've actually be convenient for you.

There's also a station at Thivim, check if your train halts there.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week in goa

Thanks Bornav...but my train stops at mudgaon instead of thivim... :(

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week in goa

Hi Shoeb,

Deboard train at Margao, go upto Kadamba bus depot at Fatorda (near stadium).

You'd find many buses upto Mhapusa (2hrs approx) and then change bus for Thivim. You may also find direct buses to Thivim

Pune, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week in goa

thnx once again...for the info...

5. Re: A week in goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17