We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

Illinois
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

Can the experts on this forum provide some guidance on suggesting a really nice vacation rental place on the beach in Goa. About 2 years back we went to Kovalam, Kerala and stayed at a vocational rental place for less than 100 dollars a night. it was just GREAT. I wonder if we can repeat that experience again in Goa. We are not that worried about$$$$ but want to make sure the accommodation is reliable and the beach is nice for our kids to enjoy.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

Which part of goa u need the vacation rentals?

Illinois
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

not sure about which part of Goa. Not even sure if we care or know enough... We'd like to stay a nice beach though.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

There are different types of beach resorts in Goa and the busy beaches will not have anything like the vibe of nor bear any resemblance to Kovalam, but if you want a busy well developed resort then they may just tick your boxes.

If you want something nearer the Kovalam type experience, different obviiusly as Goa has a very different culture, the extreme north of Goa or the extreme south may compare well. I really only know about the south, but you may like Agonda (which is becoming busier) or Palolem or Patnem. Your problem may be finding the house or apartment though as most accommodation in the area is either in beach huts on and just behind the beach or in small, usually family run apartments, often little more than a room with an attached bathroom and a small kitchenette area in the main room, a fridge if you are lucky! But do take a look at Owners Direct and other holiday rental websites as there are places advertised there - I saw a eeally nice looking house and separate small apartment, owned by an Irish woman if I remember correctly, advertised there, not too far apparently from the Lalit the Intercontinental hotel one cove south of Patnem. We were too late to book it though and despite the best intentions of scoping it out I've not got round to checking the location firsthand.

There are houses in the far south, often simple traditional cottages owned by local families and often rented to regular visitors for a minimum of 3 months. Not so many for short holiday rentals though and no website presence for most of this type of

accommodation.

Take a good look through the forum for a feel for the different resorts. Plus a good up to date guide book. Somebody posts on this forum called tharobster and he also details his travels all over Goa on a discrete blog. He is a bit of a clubber, but writes with, IMHO, good insight about different areas.

Happy travels.

4. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 20:56
5. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 20:55
6. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 20:55
7. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 20:56
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

Apologies for the multiple posts, but something has gone wrong on android phone app and I cannot delete the posts until I am near my laotop. Grrgh - I even had to reset my password as it kept telling me I was not logged in despite posting the reply each time I attempted to log in!

Edited: 18 May 2014, 20:10
9. Re: Vacation rental suggestion- 3 plus bedroom (with kids)

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:16