We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute deals

lancashire
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute deals

Hi,

Just been looking through brochures etc. for 2015 and prices seem to be rising considerably.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a visa and then look for a late deal.

The last time we got a Goa visa we had to give hotel name where we were staying. Any info would be gratefully received

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute deals

The visa application contradicts it's self, on one hand it says don't book until you have a visa on the other it asks for Hotel. Don't think they'd check your hotel anyway so just put one you fancy.

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute deals

I always use the same hotel that I last used. They never check.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute deals

lullady,,the new 30 day visa on arrival ,,if it comes ,but seams on the cards for this oct,,it will only take 3 days to get it so thay say,,,then you can ,look for the cheap flight/hotel,or package,or mabe you have one lined up before you get your visa,,so lets see what happens in,,Oct,,it maybe be about 60,dollars,if its the same as them that have it now are paying so lets see what happens in oct. dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2561921/India…

Edited: 06 June 2014, 17:25
lancashire
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute deals

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about contradictions on the application form. I think we'll risk applying for visa first this time

Last winter we could have got a two week package flying out of Manchester for just over £400 each but we would have only had six days to get a visa. It was worth the price just for the flight. If it was rubbish accommodation or too remote at those prices you can afford to find somewhere better.

lancashire
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute deals

Thanks for your help. I think we will get visa first and take your advice regarding the last hotel we stayed in

lancashire
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute deals

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I hadn't heard about the possibility of a new visa system. It's certainly long overdue. I'll keep my eye on things but if the situation stays the same I think We will apply for visa first and see what happens

7. Re: Last minute deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16