We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

business-standard.com/article/economy-policy…

Looks like troubles ahead.

Meerut
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

Hi Gayle, I dont think so. The new government (which is just 15 days old) has put visa on arrival on top priority. I am sure that this will be a reality for visitors from 180 countries within this year. Please note that this will be VoA with online pre-authorization....not a walkin arrival visa.

London
Level Contributor
8,158 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

Please note that this will be VoA with online pre-authorization....not a walkin arrival visa. <<<<

Agree sharadmadan, I think a lot of people getting the two confused. There is difference between visa on arrival and ETA approval for travel. Neighboring Sri Lanka has the two systems - ETA and Visa on arrival which is slightly more expensive and time consuming.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,695 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

When the proposal for visa on arrival was first made it was clear that staff would have to be employed and trained up. Hopefully this will happen as things take shape ready for the launch later on in the year.

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

It is a very confusing article, especially where it states that if you require a VOA for longer than the 30 days then you have to apply to the embassy. What will happen if you are British and want to stay longer once you are over there. Confusing!!

London
Level Contributor
8,158 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

What will happen if you are British and want to stay longer once you are over there. <<<<

Don't think that will be allowed. If you want, or think, stay will be over 30 days then you just apply for visa in normal way using present procedure.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

I'm in the mind set wait and see what happens. :-)) Gel

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

That is my thoughts too Gel, every article that is published contradicts the previous, I think that I will be doing it the old way as I intend to stay for longer than 30 days anyway, that is if this method will still be in force. Ohhhhhh confusing.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

I hope so Gayle as we are staying for longer than 30 days also. i don't apply till October so hopefully we will know by then whats happening. :-)) Gel

9. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 15:35
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lack of staff has been announced for visa's on arrival

hi gel,,looks like there ,could still be probs,,this link ,from 2012 and problems then,,lol. …about.com/b/2012/04/13/indian-visa-on-arriv…

does it say something about 20 dollars on the new post,,,