We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch

nanette447
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch

We are returning to Goa after a few years. We have mainly flown with Qatar before, but this time I've booked Monarch flights as flight times were good.

Does anyone know if they include food on the long haul flights, or if we need to pre book before we fly?

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch

Nanette as far as i am aware you have to pay extra for your food on Monarch, i know people who take there own to eat on the flight.:-)) Gel

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch

I'm sure you get food as standard on long haul?

have a look at the FAQs bit of their website:

http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights

Neath Port Talbot...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch

Last year it was £40.00 each person each way,and £2.50 for a bottle of coke, a bag of crisps is equivalent to buying a steak in a restaurant, it is cheaper to buy sandwiches from Gregs, WH Smith, or Marks and Spencers simply food which are on some airports. I don't know if they are allowing bottles of coke on the plane, but knowing Monarch they make their own rules as they go along.

darlington
Level Contributor
462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch

We have been with monarch last few years have never paid for food it comes with price on long haul ,unless they have changed it this year as we are flying with Qatar this time

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch

We've always had food included with Monarch long-haul. If it isn't included there should be information on the booking page to tell you the cost.

London
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch

Monarch website - flights to Goa state 'Inflight catering included in price'

Gayle - 40 pounds each way would be 80 pounds for return flight - cannot believe you paid 80 pounds per person for inflight meals.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 15:31
Neath Port Talbot...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch

You can opt out of receiving the food and the price lowers, I tried it last year, but Air India still worked out cheaper with free food and all drinks including alcohol.

This is if you are flight only, not part of a package.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 15:33
Neath Port Talbot...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch

Wandering Star, I didn't, I was looking at flights and timings of take off and arrivals, for my trip last year, I opted out of food, but it was still more expensive than other airlines, so I ended up with Air India. Plus another thing that put me off was that they would only take bookings for 28 days, and I wanted to stay longer than just 28 days.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 15:38
bedfordshire
Level Contributor
291 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch

hi ...we are flying monarch on 15th November from Gatwick .... meals are included as its long haul ..... no charge ... never been before .. so a bit worried about waiting to see if visa rules change ... how long to we leave it before we apply for one ......

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch

Crystal i would say the beginning of October would give you plenty of time to apply for your Visa, they usually come back within a week when everything is filled in correct. :-)) Gel