We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

Hi all, if any of you are flying TC next season and have paid to choose your seats, I would go into 'manage my booking' and have a quick look at your itinerary.

We're booked on the Manchester flight nov 18th return December 3rd. We had paid extra for 2 seats together at rear of plane back in February. I looked yesterday and on the return journey we had been separated but going out I hadn't even got a seat! (It looks like the return journey seat configuration has changed from 3-3-3 to 2-4-2)

Same has happened to 2 other parties on same flight.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

Currently there are 3 A330's which are in 3-3-3 configuration and one in 2-4-2 which is the Ex BMI but from Summer 2015 the 3-3-3s will be refurbished, and changed into 2-4-2 configuration and will also retain their premium cabin. I do believe there will be at least one aircraft refurbished by the start of the winter season.

Angie.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

same happened to me just re booked the seats but instead of 2 at the back picked 2 at the front far far better so much quieter better in flight entertainment better seats better plane alltogether

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

I have booked upgraded seats 25 kg luggage and premium seats on the 4 th December for 3 wkd Well I hope I have

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

I had an email from TC this week saying that our seat numbers had changed and to go into manage my booking to change them if I wasn't happy with them. I was a bit concerned at first as we booked 2 of the seats together which were A and B and the numbers have changed to A and C so I had visions of somebody sitting inbetween us! However when I looked at the flight plan the seats were still 2 together, they'd just changed the numbering. I can't even remember exactly where our original seats were, I though they were nearer the front but as long as we've got 2 seats together I'm happy.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

Only hoping they have not changed to a plane without premium seats

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

I got an email and checkrd straight away they had re seated us, on the outbound journey they only seated one of us on return put us in normal seats although wr had paid fo extra legroom both ways I went onto manage my booking and selected the seats luckily there were still extra legroom seats available but then it tried to charge another £160 so I ended up having to phone. I waited 10 minutes to get to speak to someone who then sorted it out stress or what we travel november 27th return December 26th from Manchester could really do without the stress. Jennie

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

That's what happened to me jennie. Had paid extra for more room, when I tried to change them back again after they moved us they wanted to charge me again. Found all this out at 11pm so a restless night and a phone call next morning to sort it all. Never mind another 130 odd sleeps and it will all be forgotten

hereford
Level Contributor
448 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

Don't know where we will be put on the plane. We booked through Charter Flights.Co.Uk. Only to find once we had booked it was a Jewel in the Crown flight, and their passengers aren't allowed to prebook their seats until 4 weeks before leaving. We like front of plane and sitting together and don't mind paying the extra. Bit disappointed to be honest, certainly haven't got a good deal from Charter Flights could have booked Qatar cheaper, its my own fault, I just won't wait!!!!.

I enjoyed our Thomas Cook flight last year, only hope we have an equally easy flight this year

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

Came back from Goa on that newly configured A330. Great IFE but I strongly advise anyone on the flight to take a cushion. The seats are rock hard and have no recline.

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook flights ..... Pre-booked seats warning

What a mess. We are a party of 7 flying out in Novemeber and coming back mid Dec. We booked all seats together as we have a couple of passengers with special assistance needs. on Wednesday last week we received an email saying they have had to change the aircraft and as such we needed to log into the "my Booking" and re-check our seats. That we did, they had separated us all. I re booked our seat so we were all sat together again. 2-4-2 seat config. this morning after reading this post i logged back in and low and behold they have changed our outbound flight again, Back to the original 3-3-3 config and again have separated us all again. Only this time when i try and seat us all together again the website is trying to charge us for all the seat revelations again. AND there is no-one there to speak too as is Sunday. The thomas cook shambles starts once again.