We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat info Qatar Airways

Kent u.k.
Level Contributor
226 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Seat info Qatar Airways

We are travelling with Qatar Airways in the middle of October. Went onto Qatar website to choose our seats and there are plenty available. Could someone tell me the best and worst seats to choose. I have read that it is advisable to choose ones near the back for the loos and not to be too near the children, would that be best in rows thirty something or further back in forty something ? Also I read that there are problems with selected seats being given away so is it best to select them online or through the agent I booked with.( Tickets to India)

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

I booked with tickets to India to, i always book 30 something on both flights but thats just personnel preference, the flight from Doha to Goa its always best to be near to the back as they have the trolly out most of the flight and you will ever get to the toilet otherwise. are you flying on the new 380.800 aircraft coming home? we are and have booked to sit upstairs. as for changing seats just keep an eye on your booking and if it changes either select seats again or phone them to do it for you. Hope this helps .-)) Gel

Kent u.k.
Level Contributor
226 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

Thanks LondonGel. Does it show what aircraft you will fly on at the Qatar website ?

Edited: 30 June 2014, 18:37
Kent u.k.
Level Contributor
226 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

Hi LondonGel, Just found aircraft type at the top of each seat selection page. We've got Airbus A340-600on the first leg out which looks like a bigger plane so I expect I should choose a seat in the forties and all the other legs are using the Airbus 321 which is smaller so I guess I would select the thirties on those. Your info is always useful.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

It'll be hard to book your seats away from any children unless you know where the children are sitting.

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

check out a website called seat guru

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

Your very welcome. Your homeward flight from Doha will be a large Aircraft that's the one theY have changed for us that has an upstairs as well. You can choose your seats from Qatars website Via My booking. :-)) Gel

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

we flew back with Qatar to London a few weeks ago, we checked in on line with our seats confirmed on the new dreamliner. When we got on the plane in Doha it had been changed to a 2-4-2 with a hospital bed at the back, two doctors and nurses, so you can never be sure of your seat John

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

I agree John our seats have been changed so many times, the same thing happened to us on our way home in Janaury aircraft changed about three times and landed up the origanal Aircraft so did not sit anyhere near where we wanted to be.it did not include a Dr and nurses. :-)) Gel

Kent u.k.
Level Contributor
226 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

Thanks all for your help. Have now found the aircraft we travel back from Doha on has an upstairs after all so have chosen our seats though as you said LondonGel this all might change.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seat info Qatar Airways

Thats Good glad i could help, just keep an eye on your seats and then you can choose more straight away. Happy Holiday. :-)) Gel