We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay .... Need advise

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay .... Need advise

Hi...

Me and my wife are planning to visit Goa this Aug 2014. Need recommendations as to what could be the best place to stay with the proximity of the beach.

The location should not be that far away from the main city @ the same time neither do i want to much of loudness and hustles.

Pl recommend the beach where we could find some serenity and some hotels on it.

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay .... Need advise

When are you planning on visiting Goa, between October and April there will be western travellers particulArly in the North, the South is more Serene but it really depends on you what you want

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay .... Need advise

Sorry dont know how but didnt see August ... There will be mainly national tourists at that time of year again The south is quieter enjoy

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay .... Need advise

I think everyone goes north in August as the south is all but closed, save for the major brand hotels such as the Lalit, the Leela, the Marriott, the Holiday Inn etc. But the north will be rreasonably sedate in August and will therefore probably tick your boxes. Take a look in the accommodation section of the forum for accommodation listings and reviews. It may also be a good idea to read a good guide book too, such as Lonely Planet or Rough Guide to get more of a feel for the place too, bearing in mind you will be visiting off season and the places in North Goa will be far less busy than during the winter.

Hapoy travels.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay .... Need advise

Thanks for the feedback... will definitely go through ....

Bengaluru, India
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay .... Need advise

Hi Rishi,

Did you visit Goa? How was the trip ? Could you please share about the route you took, the place you stayed in and other details.

I plan to visit Goa in oct.

Thanks,

Gagan

6. Re: Best place to stay .... Need advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:15