We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tubki Resort, Canacona.

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Tubki Resort, Canacona.

Booked a month (all Feb) next year at Aurita Holiday Homes, Candolim.

However, never in 10 visits stayed in South so have booked 3 nights (suite) at the above hotel

to see the area. Any one stayed here before, and any tips for visits, shacks or restaurants please?

uk
Level Contributor
865 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tubki Resort, Canacona.

sorry havent stayed there but considered it for a week for xmas but eventually decided on agonda white sands ,im sure itll be fine though,it looks nice and good reviews

turkey
Level Contributor
332 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tubki Resort, Canacona.

Hi

I didnt stay there but friends did and I went along to have a look.....there are 2 parts to the property - the older bit and the newer....the newer rooms were gorgeous - spacious and clean with nice beds, a small fridge and kettle. The older rooms were good but just not quite as nice. The reception is manned 24 hours and the place is professional and also relaxed. The pool is small but as a dipping pool after a long day on Patnem beach it's fine. It's only a 10 min walk to Patnem proper and the road is quite quiet. If it was in my budget I would stay there ! You will be fine there

turkey
Level Contributor
332 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tubki Resort, Canacona.

Hi

I didnt stay there but friends did and I went along to have a look.....there are 2 parts to the property - the older bit and the newer....the newer rooms were gorgeous - spacious and clean with nice beds, a small fridge and kettle. The older rooms were good but just not quite as nice. The reception is manned 24 hours and the place is professional and also relaxed. The pool is small but as a dipping pool after a long day on Patnem beach it's fine. It's only a 10 min walk to Patnem proper and the road is quite quiet. If it was in my budget I would stay there ! You will be fine there. There are many nice eateries along the beach...try Salida Del Sol which is amazing - I ate nearly all my meals there in 10 days it was excellent. Any of the places are good for bbq seafood etc.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tubki Resort, Canacona.

As others have said, it is about a ten or fifteen minute walk onto the beach at Patnem, about forty minutes walk into Chaudhi (a nice walk too) for banks, chemists, the local market on Saturdays etc. About five minutes ior so n a tuk tuk to Palolem, just over fifteen to Agonda.

My advice is just to pick a restaurant that you like the look of, same for drinks. The management and the ethos and culture of individual places changes from year to year, but the standards are very high in the area and there is an emphasis towards using locally grown vegetables and salad vegetables, often grown organically in fields just a few hundred metres away. There is also a European cheesemaker in the area who makes fabulous soft cheeses from buffalo milk, Mozzarella like, and used in salads and other dishes in some of the beach restaurants. It really is food heaven in that part of the world, definitely the best food I have experienced in Goa and probably some of the best I have eaten across India, including renowned city restaurants in Delhi and Bombay.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 11:15
London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tubki Resort, Canacona.

Thanks for your advice all. Sounds like it will fit the bill nicely. :)

6. Re: Tubki Resort, Canacona.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:16