We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How soon

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How soon

Going to Goa in January, how soon should I apply for a visa?

Thanks

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How soon

We apply mid December for late January. Most people got them back within a week last year.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How soon

Everyone is waiting to see if VOA (visa on arrival) is going to be available, Someone on TA will let us Know,

As soon as they find out Just keep looking on the Forum,, I think we will find out Next month ????

BUT if its the same as this year By Post etc & If your going to do it by post it was taking 1or 2 Week for

Return of the Visas ,, By Post myself going in January we would send for it Mid November before the

Christmas Post, Depending which way you want to do it

South East England...
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How soon

Depends on how long you plan to stay in India.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How soon

As it stands at the moment or with the current system in place I would send for my visas mid November to avoid getting caught up in any Christmas post.

If the system changes as is predicted then it's advisable to keep your eye on this forum for any guidance as nobody is sure as yet of what to expect.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How soon

I don't think Christmas post makes any difference with Special Delivery as it's a next day tracked service. Just would avoid Christmas week due to number of Bank Holidays.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How soon

You're right Yorkie but I would prefer to avoid the Royal Mail system around Christmas time, you never know!

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How soon

I did get a refund one year when applications arrived at VFS a day late. Every cloud ' and all that.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How soon

If its your first time applying for a visa then I would be applying early November just incase there are any mistakes on your form, this will give you time to amend the application without having a last minute panic.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How soon

We usually apply mid November & go the end of January. Will have to leave it a bit later this year as I'll need my passport for a holiday with my mum at the end of November, but will apply as soon as I get back.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How soon

linco,,wait till thay sort this out ,,by oct there saying,,you going in jan lots of time, it will be sorted by the start of the season,november for most uk,tourist. …wsj.com/indiarealtime/…