We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Passport

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Passport

My passport is valid to August 2015

I always visit Goa nov/dec and march/april.

If I get my visa and visit march/april I wont have 6 months left on my passport which is a requirement when visiting the country.

Do I need to renew my passport a year early to cover both visits?

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Passport

If you want to use the same visa I would say yes. Have you looked at Meerkats visa post at the top of the page, there might be some info there that can help. :-)) Gel

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Passport

I would renew it.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Passport

Russell you can renew your old passport for a new one, and up to 9 months left on your old one can be added to the new one.

So renew it before getting your visa, then you have no worries.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Passport

Thanks for the replys. I shall make it a priority Monday.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Passport

Recently applied for ours to be changed 9 months before expiry which as previously stated this is the maximum they will add on to the new passports. We have applied for the jumbo versions which have more pages £85.50. A little more expensive but worth it for all the visas etc.

It is taking a while to renew, we applied two weeks ago having already paid online and they still haven't arrived (tracking states being processed).

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Passport

I am just about to copy Dyble as I am running out of space too. Passport is currently off at an Embassy for visa issue and I put post it notes on the reminding 4 blank pages requesting them not to use those if possible so I can try and stretch out a few more trips! Let's see what happens when it comes back. And I shall keep the post it notes on the clean pages so I can try and save them for future visas during a 4 country trip in August. Oh, the lengths some people will go to to try and use up every page on their passport and defer getting a new one until all paper has been used!

7. Re: Advice on Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:16