We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi tours....

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Topic
Taxi tours....

Hello :-)

I've read on a few posts that taxi drivers take you on full day tours.. Firstly I'm just confirming this is true and secondly how much am I looking at for a full days tour from Dona Sylvia to spice plantation, elephant encounter, old goa and a couple of Hindu temples around Ponda as I've read they are all in the same area.

Also - it may sound like a daft question but do they include entrance fees and other costs like the washing elephant ect?

Thank you :-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi tours....

Yes a taxi driver will take you on a full days trip, and you pay all the fee's,can't help with price because it's a bit of a cartel in the Cavelossim area, so haggle the best price you can.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,014 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi tours....

In Candolim last year paid Rs2000 (£20) last year and were out from 9am to 7pm. Did almost exactly the trip you describe.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi tours....

The prices are insane!!!

I'm new to this sort of thing - so do I just go up to a random taxi driver outside my hotel and ask for a price for that tour or are some taxi drivers recommended??

Thanks again :-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi tours....

domrep 2000rps for a full day out is not a bad price, the driver i use is based up north so no good for you.

I would ask the holidaymakers in the hotel if they can recommend a driver, or if anyone on the forum knows of one at Cavelossim, they may help. If not has i said haggle with any of the drivers.

Good luck.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 20:07
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi tours....

When I said the prices are insane I meant in a good way!! Like unbelievably cheap - I'm amazed ha ha!!

Thanks for your help :-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi tours....

OK............but don't tell the drivers that lol.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi tours....

Great advice Phil.....:-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi tours....

Thanks Tony, every little bit helps.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi tours....

No worry. You will hear these words a lot in Goa.

Hotel, food and taxies are the largest businesses there. Ask the hotel staff or wave at any taxi driver standing around. Get a conversation going. You know the ballpark rate. Have fun, you're on holiday. Like they say, no worry!

Just for fun, pretend you're surprised. Start with: oh, that much? :)

Edited: 23 July 2014, 03:27
Goa
Level Contributor
867 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi tours....

Just found these today... These seem to be the new prices for "Tourist Taxi's" (White Taxi's), They came into force at the end of this season... From what is shown I think I would stick to the omni vans to save a bit of money!

www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Tourist-Taxi-Prices