We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa

Hi

HELLLLP! PLEASE!

My husband and I are due to travel to Goa this October for his 60th Birthday and on the visa its asking for Fathers details, the trouble is my husband didn't know his Father! so does anyone know what we put here?

This is turning into a nightmare! I wished I had booked Mauritius again but weve been 5 times already and wanted a change!

Thanks in advance.

Karen :)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

If it's not compulsory then keep it blank. And if it is compulsory and If it's not asking any document to authenticate the name of the father, then, I would suggest you put anyone of the most common names in your country.

Other experienced members, can suggest better.

Happyness.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Hi, what's down on your husbands birth cert for his father?, if nothing may have to just make something up, as don't check everything out.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Karen, get in touch with them and ask,,better you get the right info. http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/faq.html

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Thank you, this is what I was thinking of doing in the end!

Many thanks for you info.

fingers crossed!

Karen

London
Level Contributor
8,785 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Don't worry about it. Just put your husband surname and any first name for father and place and country of birth put same as your husbands. There is no way they would check all these details, unless Pakistan origin.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,753 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Hi Karen

Though this is an old thread, this may be of some help:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k2…

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

Thank you so much for your help, will just make up a name I think and hope for the best! Hope the holiday will be worth it! if not back to Mauritius next year!

:)

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

If you don't want to make up a name and the field needs to be completed, then I would just put UNKNOWN. It's the truth and they don't check anyway.

9. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:16