We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourists can book taxi service in noth goa,online from sep

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
tourists can book taxi service in noth goa,online from sep

…indiatimes.com/city/…39506758.cms

shoud be a good season,,visa on arrivel,/airport ,/runway sorted out,,now online,taxi,,should be fun,,lol,,,deff going in feb,,

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tourists can book taxi service in noth goa,online from sep

I wonder how secure the site will be? I don't fancy putting my credit card and name details into what will probably be a hackers dream website to attack, think I will stick to the old fashioned method of booking my taxi at the booth :0) it will be interesting to see how the online facility works.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tourists can book taxi service in noth goa,online from sep

Think I'll stick to the old way too - it's not as though there's a shortage of taxis in Goa lol.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,821 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tourists can book taxi service in noth goa,online from sep

I assume this is what all the existing taxi drivers were striking for in February this year. Competition.

Goa
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tourists can book taxi service in noth goa,online from sep

From reading the piece it doesn't sound like anything is going to be resolved. The fares they are talking about are the ones here

www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Tourist-Taxi-Prices

But these are higher prices than those displayed at the airport, for example a taxi from the airport to calangute is

Calangute (43 Kms)

Non Ac 903 ₹ (£9)

AC 1032 ₹ (£10)

The "tourist taxi" prices

Non AC, 40 Kms is 1200 ₹ (£12)

AC 40kms is 1300 ₹ (£13)

A third more for the non AC taxi! That is probably why they are setting up a website for it :)

5. Re: tourists can book taxi service in noth goa,online from sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16