We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

returning again

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
returning again

Hi all we are returning to north goa after 6 years. I remember there used to be a night market which I enjoyed with live music. Is it still going.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: returning again

yes,ban,,this ones still going. tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g312680-…

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: returning again

Thanks do you think the area has changed much in 6 years

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: returning again

@bankrupt2

Yes, it has changed hugely!

There are now 2 Saturday night markets - the former Ingo's in Arpora and Mackies on Baga River. For me, the former Ingo's is still the best.

Wolf

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: returning again

bank,,,been going sin,,1996,,and not a lot changed were we go just out side calangute,near the kamat hotel theres new,,buildings,,but that's norm,,lol,,,,its wall to wall shacks from baga to candolim,,but was prob that 6 years ago,,lol, a lot less sellers this last season,,the police,not taking the bribes,,so thay say,,big police probs,,the beggars are saying, calangute got the pizza,hut,and k/f/c,,,but the pizza hut may have bin there 6 years ago,,,theres,a new airport term, ,and less brits/,french/ ect,, and a lot of Russian tourists,,and a lot more to come,,and theres more indian tourist,now thay can get ,rooms,all full up before with brits ect,,not now,,,calangute got bigger more ,hotels ect,,candolim not to much diff from what I have seen,,so ,a few diff things ,,the south,still good for the time being,,,and the pound still very good. http://www.rupees2pounds.com/

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: returning again

Im sad about the pizza hut and shock horror KFC. I have heard about the Russian influx has that changed the atmosphere at all. Is the old bridge still there in baga?

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: returning again

"Old bridge in Baga"................sadly not.

There's now a new, and VERY pot-holed bridge.

It's still all good.

Wolf

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: returning again

Onr new year there was gridlock on the bridge and a taxi driver fight. Our driver picked us up with one arm in plaster after the new years eve events and said it was no problem to drive :) imagine that in Britain.

8. Re: returning again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:17