We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malarone prices

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
malarone prices

Hi all, venturing to goa again after a long break some of this was due to my husband not wanting to take malaria tablets again as they gave him dreams her thought were real and made him feel full after one bite of food. This wasnt good as yhe food in goa is amazing. Reading TA reports it seems melerone may be the answer? I take it it is expensive, did anyone have the same trouble as my husband but felt bettet with melerone. Just wondering if they all are similar. Thanks for any chat on this subject although I know it is a well worn one!

Ourem 88
££ - £££, European, British
Sea Breeze
££ - £££, Indian, Seafood, Asian
Mandala Cafe
£, Indian, Cafe
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malarone prices

Try ASDA. They were doing generic Malarone for a pound a tablet last month. Side effects don't seem to be a problem for most.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 19:02
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malarone prices

Yes I heard this but are the side affects similar in regards to feeling full. I not sure this wasn't a bacterial thing, any thoughts?

Edited: 10 August 2014, 19:14
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malarone prices

Never had any side effects when we've taken Malerone. Took for a couple of weeks in South Africa. Bought from Asda for our January holiday in Goa. Didn't have any problem with P&A either if taken after food (usually breakfast).

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,097 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malarone prices

I've taken Malarone for several years last year I took the Generic one's Never had any side effect, I always take it with a glass of milk, I have taken P&A and was very unwell, I also went to Asda and payed £1 per tablet where as last year they cost me £1.75 per tablet. Hope this helps. :-)) Gel

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malarone prices

Yes I also felt full very quickly taking P&A and OH felt sickly. Both of us were much better this year taking malarone, which in any case was the medics recommendation as the mossies were becoming immune to P&A apparentlly, Will stick with malarione (or the cheaper generic version) next Feb despite the higher cost.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malarone prices

Thanks, my hubby is happy that he isnt the only one he was v.upset about feeling hungry then not being able to eat he also was adamant about things we had done but he had just had a dream, he could not tell it wasnt real and got confused. We havnt been to goa in 6yrs because he didnt want to take tablets again. Lets hope these are better as I fancy gambia for christmas!

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malarone prices

I now take the generic one's, as the patent for Malerone expired last year, so you should be able to pick them up cheaper now

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
816 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: malarone prices

We now take Malarone but in my case only because that is what is generally recommended now for Goa, I never had problems with P&A but the OH felt sickly all the time with them and had to cease taking them. Neither of us have problems with Malarone, however just as a cautionary note we did talk to a couple last year whilst in Goa who had swopped over to Malarone and the guy had to stop taking them as he had terrible dreams / hallucination's so we are all different and you may want to consider talking to your GP.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: malarone prices

more expen at boots,,yorki.better give that place a miss,,lol,,,. boots.com/en/…

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: malarone prices

As Dyble says, talk to your practise nurse or GP.

People on here dont know what your medical history is and what suits one person may not suit another