We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice re: flight tickets

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice re: flight tickets

Hi all,

I've booked flights with Qatar to Goa, and because of the recent schedule changes, i will no longer make my connecting flight (British Airways on a separate ticket) from LHR to NCL later that day...

I've tried my luck with BA and they want £60.55 per person per change to move to a later flight, and Qatar won't help because it is booked on a separate ticket.

I'm 99% sure i'm going to have to pay, but do any of you know a loophole, or maybe something passengers are entitled to when flight schedules change?

Will also post this to the Air Travel Forum, if i can find it!

Thanks in advance :)

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice re: flight tickets

Jonny, recheck your booking. Our Goa to Doha flight has changed time again now 03.50 from Goa and lands Doha at 05.25 . We are now ok for our 07.25 Manchester Flight.

London
Level Contributor
8,197 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice re: flight tickets

Unless you have a good insurance policy which may cover those eventualities, which is probably unlikely, then you have no chance of any entitlement. Unfortunately that is the problem booking separate tickets.

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice re: flight tickets

If you are unfortunate enough to miss ur connecting flight, and as you say B.A want £60 each, it nay be cheeper to book new flights?.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice re: flight tickets

yes jonny you be better of on this forum. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

very helpful thay are,,but do a re/check,,like yorki,says,,,,bye

5. Re: Advice re: flight tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:17