We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this a silly question?????

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
is this a silly question?????

I have read that tea in Goa is milky sweet and spiced, I am a tea freak and wondered should I take some with me? I know that the stuff comes from India and I feel a bit silly even asking but I will be miserable without my morning cuppa without sugar, thanks x

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is this a silly question?????

Hiya

We always take tea bags and individual milks and a travel kettle wherever we go. The local tea and coffee is drinkable but a cuppa from home in the morning sets you up for the day. The milk in Goa is UHT and we prefer the mini milks. At worst you'll grt used to it

Maybe later

Jeff

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this a silly question?????

Restaurants in tourist India are used to the strange English who insist on tea without sugar. Ask for black tea with seperate cold milk- the cold milk thing is a bit difficult sometimes as all milk seems to be boiled to an inch of its life: even cold milk is usually boiled milk that thy've let go cold!! I don't take sugar but I got used to the Chai on the railways being served so sweet you can stand a spoon up. No wonder there's such a high rate of diabetes in India.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this a silly question?????

You can buy Darjeeling tea in Panjim and tea bags in almost every market or convenience store. For darjeeling tea I'd recommend a shop in Panjim called Haridas Champsi, off Ormuz Road. I know they sell original darjeeling, most sellers just sell any tea as darjeeling tea.

munich germany
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: is this a silly question?????

Hello!

No need to take your own tea bags. brooke bond Taj Mahal blend are on sale in most grocery stores and are very good

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is this a silly question?????

thanks everyone, was also worried about safety of milk but the uht answer has sorted that one! going to the victor exotica on 14th of jan, not long now x

Ad7
India
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is this a silly question?????

Hi,

It also depends where you stay. At most places you can ask for "Seperate Tea" and then they'll bring black tea, milk and sugar seperate and you can prepare ypur tea as you like:-)

7. Re: is this a silly question?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Goa