We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Visa

Goa, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Visa

Hi All.

Can you go to the Indian High Commission in Birmingham to obtain a Tourist Visa. Do you just join the queue, we will have all the relevant paperwork ready.

Never done this before always done it via the post, but don't have enough time now.

Thanks.

Bill.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Visa

Bill,

I don't know what it's like this year, but last November I went to Birmingham for my visa and the queues were horrendous. I arrived at about 8.30am to find about 300 people in front of me and at least 50 of us were turned away. They issues tickets like on the deli counter at Tescos and once they have issued so many, they turn everyone else away. I had to go back the next day, got there about 6.45am and there were at least 20 people in front of me at that time in the morning.

My advice would be to arrive as early as possible and join the queue, you then hand over your paperwork and have to return later in the day where you join another long queue to collect it. have fun!

2. Re: Tourist Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 23:16