We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
12 helpful votes
How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Hello Friends,

Have been to Goa before. Need suggestions from regular beach goers on how to laze and enjoy the beach.

1)The biggest nuisance is that sand gets all over body,feet and even in clothes after having a good time in sea. Is there any brush available to rub off all the dust ? Do we have bathing facilities in Goa beaches ?

2) Suggest what mat to buy for lazing on the beach. Tried a bed sheet but is not comfortable .

3) Suggest umbrella to buy for having shade on the beach ? Are the big umbrellas lime the one used in road side stalls available in Goa ?

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
96 reviews
212 helpful votes
1. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

1 - when dry rub off with hands

2 - large indian throws 2-300 rps

3 - rent a lounger and umbrella if uncomfy and hot , or better still get a hotel with a pool it sounds like you have beachaphobia

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
19 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Suggestions on how to enjoy the beach???? That's a funny one, lol.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

This question is because I reside in Delhi and so not used to beach. My past experience with beach is not very good. I wanted to seek advice from regular beach goers who can share tips. For them these points might be little or no annoyances but for me these matter.

Look forward to advice.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,428 posts
61 reviews
85 helpful votes
4. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Funny the way you presented your question initially.

However stay near the lifegaurds if you are not sure about the sea.

If the shacks are operational they have sunbeds with umbrellas.

Don't forget to carry and use sunscreen as indian skin gets tanned and burnt in no time.

Edited: 5 years ago
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,428 posts
61 reviews
85 helpful votes
5. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

You havnt mentioned your month of visit,but the shacks wont be up till november.

If you are at the beach and in water there is no way you can avoid sand all over you.

The shacks when operational have showers for their customers.

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
15 reviews
18 helpful votes
6. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Avoiding sand on the beach is like trying to stay dry when it's raining, even using sunbeds and umbrella at a shack the sand gets everywhere just chill out and enjoy all Goa has to offer

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
33 reviews
57 helpful votes
7. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Re avoiding sand, I always take a 2inches plus paint brush with me when on the beach. i't's great for brushing the sand off your body. Hope you enjoy your trip. Goa is lovely. I will be back for my 12th visit in November.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
12 helpful votes
8. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Having a paint brush is a good idea.

I am travelling mid October.

Will look for sunbed and umbrella from shack. Also the shower facility, however the last time i visited i did not find any - I also doubt the hygiene standards of the shacks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
23 helpful votes
9. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Have you tried not going tot he beach?

That could solve the sand problem you are having

sorry couldnt resist

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,428 posts
61 reviews
85 helpful votes
10. Re: How to enjoy beach - tips and suggestions
Save

Well if you are so worried of hygine standards and sand,might as well drop visiting goa.

You havent considered the tanning factor yet.3 days in goan sun darkens the Indian skin to a good extent.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.