We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going too early????

gosport hants...
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Topic
Going too early????

we have booked a holiday in Goa Marriott resort near Panjim in early November, some reviews say it is out of season so we feel a little disappointed. Shall we book a bit later in the month or is there enough to do and see in early November? we do not want to waste our money as it is not a cheap holiday. Thanks for your help1

Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going too early????

Hi again

Goa's season starts to get going early December. All the Tour Companies feature Goa in November, but personally, I prefer the resorts to be 'up and running' when I'm there.

If yuo've ever been to a Greek Island in early May, you'll know what I mean.

Don't forget you need a visa in advance AND anti-malarials. Don't risk travelling without these in NOV/DEC as the mozzies are still living off the waters of the wet season (which will have ended long before you arrive)

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going too early????

Don't worry, it's not out of season, just early in the season. People start arriving mid-October onwards, we always go about 15th November and most things are in full swing by then.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going too early????

Trust me when i say it is better to go Goa a lil before or a lil after season..............cause season ......THERE ARE JUST TOOO MANY PPL.....

Sheffield
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going too early????

Just got back and season is nearly finished but it was great we could get where we wanted, sit where we wanted, do what we wanted. There was still other tourists around but it wasn't too busy. We have been told by many Goan's while we were there that it gets very very busy in December and every one puts their prices up.... but the cost of things in Gos doesn;t really matter as it is soo cheap any way. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations