We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to South Goa

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
851 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
First time to South Goa

Hi, Can someone help please? We are planning on going to South Goa for 10 days in January, then train to Kerala for a week and then back to South Goa for the rest of the month. We are planning on booking flights self and would like to know where is best to stay on the beach, 4/5 star bed and breakfast with restaurants close to hotel (within a quarter hour walk). We are in 50's and do not want v. busy and noisy. Would someone suggest best to book the cheapest package and then dfo "own thing" or can someone recommend cheap flight deals. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to South Goa

Shassa, for a good 4 star hotel in the south I'd recommend the Holiday Inn on Mobor Beach. It's situated on a fairly quiet part of Mobor beach but is only 15-20 minutes walk along the beach to Cavelossim where there are plenty of restaurants. There is an excellent restaurant called Betty's 5 minutes walk from the Holiday Inn but it's only 100rp in a taxi to Cavelossim for more choice.

Mentioned in this post
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
South Goa District, India
2. Re: First time to South Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2007, 01:40
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
23,438 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to South Goa

If I was picking South Goa Colva would be bottom of the list, I would go for Cavelossim or Benaulim

Mentioned in this post
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
Benaulim
Benaulim
Salcette, India
London,England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to South Goa

sorry to disagree but Cavalossim is not the real Goa, too many upmarket hotels cashing in on tourists, Colva I feel has a lot more to offer.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,438 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to South Goa

Do you mean Colva or just where you are trying to advertise? (or I guess own)

Mentioned in this post
Colva
Colva
London,England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to South Goa

I mean Colva, is it against the rules to say you enjoyed where you have stayed? I'm sure I have seen others including yourself recomending hotels on this site.

I am not on here to get into politics as some 'experts' have done in the past. Just to inform people there's more to Goa than 4/5* hotels and the surrounding areas who charge the earth compared to other places in Goa.

I hope this answers your inquizitive mind!!!

Mentioned in this post
Colva
Colva
oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to South Goa

hi, would recommend Majorda Beach hotel over holiday inn, more beach shacks and a better selection of restaurants, although H>I> was nice

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,438 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to South Goa

Okay Madel you are right if you find a great place tell all I just thought it strange you have made 6 posts in total and every single one mentions the same website and you argued with someone who didn't like it.

London,England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to South Goa

Expressing one's point of view is not argueing and i agree if you enjoy something , shout it from the rooftops!!!!

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
851 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to South Goa

Have found what looks like a great hotel, Royal Resorts Haathi Mahal at Cavelossim. Has anybody been there? Does anybody know what it is like, please. Advice would be helpful. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations